• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Gallery closed for refurb.

Tom

Hey guys - I'm currently in Thailand on a voluntary teaching trip, and have just managed to book some cheap tickets to Tokyo for a week. Have been planning my days there, and just noticed that the ADA Gallery was closed from May 19th for refurbishment. It doesn't say how long it'll be closed for though - does anyone have any idea how long it'll be closed for? I'd be there on July 21st if I went. If not, I'll head somewhere else.

Tom

i think youll be out of luck as it says august :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[NA Gallery] Gallery Reopening
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the 19th of May, we have closed our gallery in order to perform
rearrangements of our displayed aquariums. We apologize to those who have
planned to stop by for a visit around this time, but towards the beginning of
August, we resume accepting guests to come and see our aquarium layouts.
Our schedule is not set in stone, so if you are thinking of stopping by for a
visit, be sure to periodically check the website, for news regarding the opening
date. If you are in the area near the beginning of August, feel free to e-mail
us for further details about visiting the gallery.

Nature Aquarium Gallery Information page:
http://www.adana.co.jp/en/gallery/

Hi Tom,
just received this update via the newsletter.....looks like your out of luck.

"The Nature Aquarium Gallery will reopen on August 4 (SUN), and we will resume
accepting guests to come and see our aquarium layouts. If you are in the area
near the beginning of August and want to check on the gallery schedule, feel
free to e-mail us for further details about visiting the gallery.
Look out for our newly rearranged & replanted aquariums!!"

Cheerio,
Ady

Thanks for the suggestions - I did Sumida Aquarium and Aquaforest in Shinjuku, very close to my hotel!

Amano's aquariums in Sumida were the first thing you see when you go through the ticket gate. I wish I could upload photos now but I'm still in Thailand without a computer for another week yet. I promise photos next week though! The tanks were nice, but maintenance could have been better! The 2 smaller tanks were to the left of the room (maybe 5' square and 2' deep as a guess), and there was one similar to his home tank straight in front of you. The very long tank covered the length of the wall to the right, and there's another behind you to the right (quite a poor layout and poor health in this one). The others were really nice layouts, although could do with a clean! Great to see overall though.

Aquaforest Sinjuku is hidden in an underground mall called Subnade, near the subway, and was incredibly hard to find!! I got there eventually though, and it as reall worth it. For a relatively small shop, the range of fish and plants available was very good, and there were a good amount of ADA products at way less than half the price we get in the UK. I bought some Do!Aqua tools, a CO2 diffuser, and even got some sand it was that 'cheap'. Saved about £100 on home prices. The 3 liter bags of Aquasoil were around £6 each too. Was almost tempted to buy a several bags and get another suitcase to take it home in! Anyway, that shop is well worth a visit if you're ever in Tokyo. I think I got some nice pictures there too on my two visits, so ill upload those next week too.

Tom

As promised...

Aquaforest:

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Sumida:

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Wow, thanks for sharing the pictures Tom.
The Sumida tanks don't look too shabby from the images, but nothing fools the eye in person ;) TBH the sheer scale of them impresses me, the thickness of the acrylic and all those lights!!!
The Aquaforest tanks do look amazing, I'd love to visit more places like this :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Great pictures. ADA's got a video on their youtube channel on a shoptour of Aquaforest. Over here ADA products are kept behind lock and key!

Back