• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Ludwigia George looks like.
LUDWIGIA SP.' PALUSTRIS' Red....see photo in Plant Pictures.
How do you keep the leaves that break the surface from drying out? mine get too dry.
Which results in dry wrinkled leaf edges.
Cheers
hoggie

Thanks guys. :)

George, can you remind what the mixed carpet is made up of again?
Hi Tom,

Sure, there's mainly Eleocharis 'mini' and HC mixed but there are others in there too - just less visible. There's Marsilea hirsuta, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, E. parvula (crept forward from the rear), Hydrocotyle tripartia (sprouted randomly from what I though was removed ages ago!), Riccia fluitans (submerse form - doesn't float! - came in with the Riccardia I think), and finally some of the new Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo-3" (one stem has just started to take off on the right).

Hi George, can you do a picture of moss and mini pellia. Would you share had a problem with their progress and how you maintained. Who is more invasive from them. :)
I will see if I have any decent photos taken recently to share later. :)

I didn't have any problems with the Ricciardia or Fissidens. I only needed to trim them after about 3 months. I would say they grow at similar rates, but I started off with a lot more Riccardia, so that is still the most prevalent.

Ludwigia George looks like.
LUDWIGIA SP.' PALUSTRIS' Red....see photo in Plant Pictures.
How do you keep the leaves that break the surface from drying out? mine get too dry.
Which results in dry wrinkled leaf edges.
Cheers
hoggie
Thanks for the info, Hoggie. :)

I have done nothing to the plants to prevent them from drying out. I have literally neglected all of the plant life for the last 3-4 weeks (except for the usual CO2, ferts, and weekly water change).

Perhaps they're not drying out as much as other systems because I have suspended LED lighting with no heat transfer? The Rotala is seeing some wrinkles, but the Ludwigia and Lindernia is loving both underwater and airborne life! :)

Nice pics mate, that Monte Carlo, is a rampant weed! It took a couple of weeks a little dormant in my tank, but them went wild.

Hi all,

Here's a couple of shots I took earlier. The plants are now 4 weeks without trimming.

9158459287_0bfcc4da88_o.jpg
4 weeks no trim 1 by George Farmer, on Flickr

9158458523_59ae0323df_o.jpg
4 weeks no trim 2 by George Farmer, on Flickr

I'm really keen to set up a completely new aquascape with new plants and materials.

So with this in mind, I am offering to sell all of the plants and hardscape in one go.

I would also recommend collection so you can assure the plants are in tip top condition.

If you are interested PM me and we can discuss a price. Don't forget, you're getting all of the hardscape too, complete with Riccardia and Fissidens that covering it all!

Cheers,
George

I have a horrible feeling that you're going to live down south, but where are you located?

/starts a petition for more aquascaping gurus to be based on up north.

Cheers though George :).

Hi all,

I'm really keen to shift this lot ASAP so I'm offering a couple of deals -

All the hardscape complete with covered Riccarida and Fissidens - £100
All of the other plants - £50

Postage and packing will be extra. Obviously a lot more for the rocks and wood. Collection is welcome.

Here's a quick reminder of the hardscape and plants in their prime. All of the plants are very healthy with virtual no algae, and no pest snails.

final1.jpg

Cheers,
George

Ooh, that hardscape deal is very tempting with a new scape on the horizon! Instant impact!

It would fit so well in mine but kind of take the fun out of it....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back