• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

working out hole spacing

plantnoob

im making a new system dedicated purely to providing water circulation and co2 to my tank . im going to be using a 1200lph powerhead plumbed into a tmc aquagro 1500 co2 reactor ( external) , and back into the tank via a full length spraybar ( 12mm acrylic tube) . length of spraybar will be 80cm . i was thinking of initially going with a 2mm hole every 50 to 60mm , simply because the holes in my eheim spraybar are about that size/spacing . am i on the right lines , or do i need to be using some mathematical formula to arrive at the best hole size/spacing based on the length of spraybar and flowrate of the pump feeding it ?

If you search there are a few posts covering this. Clive posted a detailed formula to work it out.

link doesnt work , but i managed to find the thread anyway . very useful indeed , thanks for posting . think il get some el cheapo pvc pipe and experement before drilling out the nice piece of clear acrylic ive ordered :)

Back