• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replanting HC

Nano Jake

Prob a stupid question but...

Is it possible to prune HC from one tank and plant in another without any issues?

Cheers
Jake.

Yep, just prune it and the stems that float, plant them singularly in the other tank. Thats by far the best way to do it, it's time consuming but well worth it. :D

Dan Crawford said:
Yep, just prune it and the stems that float, plant them singularly in the other tank. Thats by far the best way to do it, it's time consuming but well worth it. :D

Do You plant the vertical stems Dan? I dont have to dig out all the horizontal ones like Gloso do I ?

get a stem about an inch long.vertical or horizontal and plant into substrate leaving a little showing. it works for me.

george advised me a while back

mark

Plant HC in exactly the same way as glosso. Individual stems, vertically into the substrate, I even find pushing it in so its comepltely covered does ok as it soon grows out the substrate and it holds better doing that. If you don't want to be bothered with that you can plant in clumps, the smaller the better, not as good but it works ok. I did this on my new 4ft, there ain't on way I was individually planting 10 pots worth of HC!!!! :lol:

Sam

Back