• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clean up after HC trim?

aliclarke86

can anyone give me any tips on clean up or am i doomed to stand there for hours with a net? i only have a small amount (maybe 6" x 6") but even trimming that causes havoc :crazy:

turn off the filter to make water surface still. using fine net first (wave the net in one direction to drive the tank water moving into a circle). this will take most of the trimmed leaves out. then siphon (keep the flow small so it can last longer) out the last remaining leaves. it will take less than an hour.

turn off the filter to make water surface still. using fine net first (wave the net in one direction to drive the tank water moving into a circle). this will take most of the trimmed leaves out. then siphon (keep the flow small so it can last longer) out the last remaining leaves. it will take less than an hour.
Brilliant thanks for the advice :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes gett wafting that net like a giant filter feeder .:) drives me mad being ocd my net sits on the brace inside the tank ready and waiting for the daily wafting.:)

I have a shoal of danios, the buggers love swimming into the net

Back