• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I got wood!

andyh

Have to share my excitement somewhere!!

I got wood!!!!:woot:

Just had my order confirmed from the USA for a nice big box of Manzi wood!

There is not many people i would tell outside the friendly walls of UKAPS, that i am really excited about receiving a big box of roots and branches from the USA.

This is for my new scape coming sometime soon..................

Hurrrrrah!!:thumbup:

Hows comes you have to buy Manzi from USA? Is it hard to come buy in the UK?

Hows comes you have to buy Manzi from USA? Is it hard to come buy in the UK?
it doesnt grow here unfortunately. only place ive seen it in pictures is high altitude mountains and Tom Barr in the USA kindly collects loads of it each year in his truck and sells it. Dont really know why any uk retailers havent cottoned onto it

it doesnt grow here unfortunately. only place ive seen it in pictures is high altitude mountains and Tom Barr in the USA kindly collects loads of it each year in his truck and sells it. Dont really know why any uk retailers havent cottoned onto it
They did and apparently it didn't sell. Shame really...

its got more exposure now though ian but I expect the markup was pretty high and thus the price. you could get a massive box full off tom barr for $200 a while back. Use what you want and sell the rest cheap to make some money back.

Use what you want and sell the rest cheap to make some money back.
hopefully this is what Andy is going to do :D.....the vultures begin to circle.....
mind you, it would be great to buy a large box to keep and have options forever!

lol! yes there is that. I was just thinking for people who didnt want to spend $200 on wood. We must sound crazy to our other halfs!
i dont tell mine :shh:....at least not the whole truth :p

it was my birthday the other week when asked buy my freinds and family what was i doing for it i said im going to green machine to buy some wood for my tank with the missus they looked at me as if i was daft coz thats what i wanted to do for me bday apparently not everyone is excited about wood

hopefully this is what Andy is going to do :D.....the vultures begin to circle.....
mind you, it would be great to buy a large box to keep and have options forever!
Its mine!!

I am a vulture...If you dont mind me asking, where did you order it from?

Ahem.....I'm jealous of your wood!
Plenty to play with for your next scape there.

Back