• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica 1-2 grow

I've tissue cultured hardy terrestrial orchids in the past and, as has been said above, the real key to it is keeping the media, equipment and the plant material itself sterile otherwise you just grow moulds and bacteria. To be honest I think you'd find more traditional emersed or submerged growth a lot easier.

Hi all,

Which ones did you do Ed? and was that from seed or an explant?

I've got Epipactis palustris growing in the bog area of my pond, but I keep thinking that some Dactylorhiza's (praetemissa/purpurella/incarnata) should be growable as well.

cheers Darrel

I grew Dactylorhiza. I grew a few fuchsii, foliosa and another I can't remember now! I also tried Cypripedium calceolus but wasn't very successful. I was growing them from spawn/seed and disinfecting them without killing them off was the challenge! I still grow fuchsii if you want some sealed seed pods later this year?

Will try and have a look. They're all still in an old firdge at my parents house as dry agar powder in tubs. Will try and look when I'm over there next time.

Back