• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi, first of all fantastic scape Ian, really inspirational. :clap:

Not sure if this has been asnwered already but I really like the effect and neatness of the LED lighting. Would the same brackets extend to an 80cm tank and would I need more than one to give the plants enough light?

Hi, first of all fantastic scape Ian, really inspirational. :clap:

Not sure if this has been asnwered already but I really like the effect and neatness of the LED lighting. Would the same brackets extend to an 80cm tank and would I need more than one to give the plants enough light?

Thanks cookie!
When you buy the TMC lighting stuff, you buy it all separately. So, when buying brand new you would need to buy the mns rails cut specifically to, the length you require. The brackets also come separately. Regarding the tile, I think at a push you could put one on an 80cm.

Thanks cookie!
When you buy the TMC lighting stuff, you buy it all separately. So, when buying brand new you would need to buy the mns rails cut specifically to, the length you require. The brackets also come separately. Regarding the tile, I think at a push you could put one on an 80cm.

Thanks a lot for your reply I'll bare that in mind when I'm trying to convince my better half ;)

I'd agree with George. One of the better layouts on UKAPS right now.:angelic:

Maybe one thing I'd consider. The foreground looks great, but a just a little too uniform. Let it grow out a bit more randomly.

Nice Photoshop trick with the blurring mate.:snaphappy:

I'd agree with George. One of the better layouts on UKAPS right now.:angelic:

Maybe one thing I'd consider. The foreground looks great, but a just a little too uniform. Let it grow out a bit more randomly.

Nice Photoshop trick with the blurring mate.:snaphappy:

Thanks Mark, hopefully you'll get over at some point and see it. I agree with the HC at the front, I'm not going to trim it for a while and see how/where it grows.

Wow, great tank in situ. The photo looks amazing.
Thank you for the comment!

Just a quick couple of shots and a big up for tropicas 1-2 grow moss. Love the stuff...

Submersed moss
8545879616_03044c0617_c.jpg
Moss by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

And here's the submersed moss going into emersed.
8545879484_a3a5f6bbe0_c.jpg
Moss by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Awesome photos and great looking moss.

wow! Those shots of the moss are fab! Very nice indeed - the FTS that I missed that you have posted look stunning to mate, my favourite scape you have done so far and a great journal :)

Thanks guys, I have struggled with moss in the past, the last couple of scapes have has 1-2 grow moss and they have grown well.

Moss on toast for tea tomorrow.

I am loving the moss reflection in the first photo. Reminds me of a lakeland photo with an island reflected into the dead calm lake surface.

Ian, stunning moss! And great photos to illustrate the journal.

Thanks mark! The moss still isn't as thick as the stuff in your 120, that was like a moss shag pile!

I am loving the moss reflection in the first photo. Reminds me of a lakeland photo with an island reflected into the dead calm lake surface.

Thanks Charlie, I'm glad it gives you that impression. It's nice to see nature in a scape. Thanks again for the comment.

Nice one mate.

gUSH is the best glassware I've owned yet.

Looks swish on your set-up, especially with the great photography to do it justice.

Thanks George.
Agree, it's worth paying a little extra, its really it clear glass as well. I have got a quite expensive Cal aqua and it's as good if not better.

Hi Ian,I have just spent the last hour reading your journal,I must admit it certainly makes me want to sell a lens and get another setup, ( not my 500 mm lol),a very good read and a lovely setup,I especially like your moss images,excellent clarity.look forward to future updates,

John.

Back