• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Double Opti White - Cherry/Sakura/White Pearl Breeding Colony

These are still going too, again bit of neglect and the shrimp population way down! Here how they look at the mo!

pict0042a.jpg

pict0048bu.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Always looking real good even though they are somewhat neglected. Look forward seeing the new mosses and plants taking shape in the ever so (slowly) evolving tanks :)

Every time I take a look at your shrimp nano tanks, I decide to start my own, inspiring mate! ;)
Thanks glad you enjoy them, time to get these back on track ;)
Cheers my friend, now this looks awesome mate! Perfect example how these nanos can give a new dimension to your place. Saved for myself! ;)
Many thanks Viktor, this do give a different ambient to the study and makes me spend a lot more time in there than needed ;)
Always looking real good even though they are somewhat neglected. Look forward seeing the new mosses and plants taking shape in the ever so (slowly) evolving tanks :)
Cheers, very slow indeed, think the one on the left has now been going for almost 3 years! lol
They look good Paolo like what i think is the Anubias nana in the right tank.Cheers mark
Thanks, the anubias is the "Petite" variety.

Quick update, on the right hand tank I now have some white pearl shrimp, too lazy to get the DSLR out with the flash, so here some quick snaps with the compact camera.

Female carrying eggs, I have now seen around 10-15 shrimplets in the tank.
P1120461.jpg

Creeping moss, this one looks great:
P1120410.jpg

And a new type of Round Pellia, now as large as the usual stuff a little smaller, looks great also:
P1120413.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Few more of the shrimp :)

P1120632.jpg

P1120611.jpg

P1120616.jpg

P1120573.jpg

P1120543.jpg

P1120527.jpg

P1120519.jpg

Tanks on the left, moss attached to the rocks and needing a trim!
P1120494.jpg

Cheers :)

Looking great Paulo.
Only thing that gives the size of the tanks away is the 'Fee-fi-fo-fum' Ramshorns!! Lol
Cheerio,
Ady.

Looking great Paulo. Only thing that gives the size of the tanks away is the 'Fee-fi-fo-fum' Ramshorns!! Lol
LOL yeah couple of those snails are massive!! lol cheers :)

Those snowballs are a delight!
Thanks, was getting mixed there with snowballs and snowwhites! lol

Looking good Paulo
I prefer the tank with crypts but they are both very nice.

Am I right in saying you have kept/ still keep snowballs aswell as crystals?

I really want to keep snowballs but not sure if I can with the cherries?

Got snowballs and snowwhites mixed in my head for a while! lol
I don't keep any Crystals any more, I have considered trying some again as they have become much hardier now and will be fine to some extent on tap water, you can mix crystals with snowballs not an issue!

You will not be able to keep the snowballs with cherries, they will cross. I now have 3 tanks one with reds, one with snowballs and one with yellows, want to try those jelly blues but now need another tank! lol

Wow these tanks are both beautiful I really like ferns in the filters like everyone else and the colours of the shrimp are great If I had to pick one it would be the left for me looking to get back into tropical from marine and quite interested in the freshwater shrimp

Ok, now should i start or you get it all right away?
So so so fancy
Fancy shrimp, fancy low tech tanks, fancy LD :)

Fancy anubias, fancy white berried pearl.
Seriously so looking forward to your success on white pearl............

Lovely tanks, and very nice photos of the shrimp Paulo, white pearl sounds much classier than snowball shrimp :) good to see them breeding well !
Thanks :) didn't even have to get the DSLR out ;) shrimplets are doing great so far and the first batch already doubled in size.
Wow these tanks are both beautiful I really like ferns in the filters like everyone else and the colours of the shrimp are great If I had to pick one it would be the left for me looking to get back into tropical from marine and quite interested in the freshwater shrimp
Many thanks, easiest tanks to keep, very low maintenance, small so water changes for both tanks can be done with one bucket!
Ok, now should i start or you get it all right away?
So so so fancy
Fancy shrimp, fancy low tech tanks, fancy LD :)
Fancy anubias, fancy white berried pearl.
Seriously so looking forward to your success on white pearl............
lol thank Ed :) white pearl are doing great so far, fingers crossed, where I got them from they have been successfully breeding them for 6 months now.

Back