• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Acrylic Lily Pipe With Built In Skimmer

REDSTEVEO said:
...Where is all the protein coming from...
From poor plant health, typically due to poor implementation of CO2, flow and nutrition, often combined with overzealous mega-lighting .

Cheers,

The inlet does the job and looks better than any other skimmers I used so far and IMHO is better even than most of the glass inlets out there, the outlet on the other hand looks kinda mehh, might be ok for a large tank but for my little 70l it's tooo big. Don't have pics with it but I might add some in the future. Anyway use it until you solve the surface scum issues than it's a great tool for removing leftovers like uneaten food, dust etc. Be sure to mount the sponge for the upper grill and use it when feeding the fish if the food floats and raise it after.

About 5x cheaper than the Mame:

redone60pNov6th_zpsa0ac0fd9.jpg

Some great responses, thanks guys. :thumbup:
Never heard of Mame Overflows before, they look nice. Is that one pictured Tom?

Would be nice to see some pictures Clonitza if you get chance to upload. I`m about to order a custom 3ft`er, so would be interested to see how big the outflow actually is. I`m coming around to the idea of perspex. Heart wants glasswear, head/wallet wants plastic. :)

just ordered myself a set of these, the thinking being that it can do no harm having a surface skimmer whether it;s needed or not ! Oh, and the idea of acrylic rather than glass is appealing , how exactly does one remove tiny shards of glass from the bottom of a planted aquarium as i'm damn sure it would happen to me ..... ???????

Back