• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone using JBL 1501?

jimwalsh

If i ordered one from zooplus.de it would work out at about £100 which seems more realistic than the high cost of high flow ehiem models such as the 2080 or 2078...

how do these stack up against the ehiem high flow models?

I have a trigon 190l which has a fluval 305 in it at present i am struggling to get flow all over the tank so am biting the bullet and ordering a new filter

woudl I need to swap the media from the 305 to the new filter?

cheers

When I got my JBL1501 I just squeezed out my Juwel sponges into the new filter and turned it on. Within a couple weeks, filter was fully populated with "muck".

As another owner of the 2078 like whitey I have to say although they are more expensive they really are awesome. Having said that, the 1501 will do a good job for you, albeit not in quite such a sophisticated manner or with the bells and whistles of the 2078. If your budget can afford an Eheim, go Eheim, if it cannot, JBL is a viable alternative. However I am not a fan of the priming plunger on the JBL's. Ghostword uses the 1500 and is very happy with it.

jimwalsh said:
ordered the jbl I can always upgrade down the line...

£100 vs £350 its a no brainer im afraid. my wife is already wondering how much i have spent on my new hobby...

Understandable, although the price difference is somewhat overstated, lol. I bought mine from a german retailer for £200 shipped. I believe Whitney bought his for less, although he may have had to flash a little leg to get it ;)

Understandable, although the price difference is somewhat overstated, lol. I bought mine from a german retailer for £200 shipped. I believe Whitney bought his for less, although he may have had to flash a little leg to get it

Really? :wideyed:
Where from mate. I`m reverting back to green! :lol:

I`m sorry, I just re-read the thread. I thought we were talking about the 2080. It would appear you are all refering to the 2078. Doh
Still a good price though. I wanted a 2080 as I want to start using my AM1000 reactor again. I wanted the biggest beast available to ensure my flow is still good after passing through a Hydor ETH, and a AM1000. :)

Back