• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External filter & spraybar

krazypara3165

howdy, ive just recieved delivery of my 2000lph aps external filter. ive also bought a second hand hydor 300, but i can now see the pipe supplied with my filter is too large. does anyone know where i can get a reducer/pipe? as i cant seem to find them anywhere!

...... also the spraybar supplied is crap which i knew when i was purchasing it. does anyone know of a good replacement?

Craig, You CAN buy those Hydors with 16mm pipe connections. It sounds however, that you have the one for 12mm pipework. Somewhat frustrating, but there are a multitude of 16mm ones on Ebay at present and you would have no trouble picking one up and reselling yours. Just a thought. Im sure in the meantime your LFS might lend you a normal heater if you need one.

Re: External filter & spraybar

What I did was to put mine in with 2 T's and it works fine and shouldn't reduce the flow as the 22/25 is going through the T's with the 16/20 going from T to heater back to T I can take a pic tomorrow evening if needed :)

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
I'm having the same issue with my APS 2000 and considering the 16mm Hydor hose fittings. Just put a thread up on it as well.
Matt a picture will speak a thousand words!

Just on my way home from work then ill stick one up :)

Matt

qyzu7eha.jpg

Here's a bad phone pic the water is going in at the top out at the bottom hope that helps :)

Matt

Because the tank is at the right temp and the only 16/20 pipe I had was dirty and its now clean so there's defiantly flow going through it :)

Matt

Whitey89 said:
Can you please post a couple of shots of your cabinet up please Mat? Will be making my own oak one soon!

Cheers,
emujuva7.jpg

ymy5uvaq.jpg

All the living room furniture matches the tank
7ysepytu.jpg

Matt

I got the T's from maidenhead aquatics they were £4 something and cut them with a saw to the right size they go from 12mm up to 30mm at a guess and just used boiling water and cable ties make sure they stay put :)

Matt

Matt1988 said:
Because the tank is at the right temp and the only 16/20 pipe I had was dirty and its now clean so there's defiantly flow going through it :)

Matt

Hi Matt, that is great if your heater works well although I still think the water would be very biased & run straight through the T rather than equally flow though the heater.
If you could fit a Y reducer the flow would be more even but I guess it doest matter anyway!
One like this
http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/Product/Bar ... ed_id=3482

The flow will never be even as you say as the pipes are different diameter so one will have less of a flow but the way it's set up works for me :) so I thought I'd share

Matt

Back