• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some shots from my CRS Tanks

Hi Guys I m trying to breed Crs's last 2-3 years and finally I have more than 75 baby's swimming arround last couple months :) I made many mistakes at the beginning and it cost me too much money and time also but thanks god it is over :) Here is some pictures from my tanks :) hope you enjoy...

05Aug2011194124a.jpg

05Aug2011194124.jpg

08Aug2011184537.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

16Nov2010052156.jpg

22Nov2010220334.jpg

They look great! What was your number one top tip of don't do's? Lol would like to know what your moat important thing would be?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well done, getting the adults to breed is the easy bit and if you've got babies surviving past first week sounds like you're doing something right. Drove me nuts for a couple of years with high mortality rate of babies, but now I can't seem to go wrong! :)

jackrythm said:
They look great! What was your number one top tip of don't do's? Lol would like to know what your moat important thing would be?

Some tips that I find useful;
*Do proper cycle before CRS's comes their new home. Do not rush!
*Use API GH Checker solution not the Hagen ( Hagen measures 2-3 degrees less)
*Keep TDS 120-130 ppm
*I got the best survival rate (for baby's) when I had ...GH 5....TDS 120-125.... PH 5.9.... KH 0
*Always make sure your TDS meter is calibrated (Buy Calibration Solution TDS 342 ppm from Ebay around 5-10 bucks)
*except water change do not add minerals in to RO water.Remember, when you lose your tank water with vaporization you don't lose minerals in the water.

Great Pix.
I have a group of 10 Crystal Red shrimp at the moment, and I found this time round using 1/2 mature water and 1/2 Aged rainwater has worked great.

They are beautiful, hoping mine breed. They guy I bought mine from keeps his at a GH of 6 and TDS 235! seems to work for him though as he has lots of high grades too. He thought the GH was more important than TDS. My GH is 6 and TDS 140 so fingers crossed!

I'm still to scared to try lol. I'm an architecture student so funds are limited guys! But I'm sure I will venture into crystal town soon. I wanna get some super tiger shrimp next :) I know their not as beautiful but still hold lovely markings and are relatively rare amongst us aquascapers :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nduli said:
Sweet shrimp. Love to get into king kongs but at £60 a throw mistakes can lead to divorce proceedings......

I've been told in the past king kongs dont breed true either......

Back