• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plumbing help needed

energyflash121

Seedling
I have just invested in a hydro external heater as my current, in tank, heater looks to be on its way out.
A few months ago I added a up inline atomiser which is going very well.
My problem is that now the inside of my cabinet looks a right mess, before adding the hydor.
Could anyone kindly give me any "tidy up" tips?
Any pictures of your solutions would be really helpful.
Thanks

Sounds like you have a serious problem with clutter :D
I'd recommend go back to the drawing board, rip it all out and start over again from scratch. I too have a hydor inline heater (unboxed ;)). They're designed to be hung up so I guess it can be tucked away nicely in the corner of your cabinet - you'll find some screw type L-shaped hooks in any DIY shop which will come in handy for that purpose as well as other bits. What would have been great would have been a picture of what your current cabinet set up looks like, which would've been very helpful as well. Best of luck :wave:

If you show us a pic of it as it is at the moment we can probably better advise a soluion :)

Many thanks for your replies
I have attached the pictures (links) and having looked at them I think that its worse then I had realised.
It’s a bit embarrassing :(

DSC_0001_zpsddaa4f8c.jpg

DSC_0450_zps7a4d75c0.jpg

DSC_0447_zps0a2d8bd9.jpg

DSC_0456_zps4776570e.jpg

Lol, mine used to be worse ! First thing I would do is get rid of the shelf and find a new home for all the cr4p you have stuffed in there. Leave the cabinet for equipment only. If your filter returns to the tank at the back of the tank, AND you have backing on your back pane of glass, you could put the hydor inline but external to the cabinet. This is how I used to have mine.

Thanks for the advice Antipofish.
I’ve removed the shelf and cr4p as you suggested. Looks better already!
The filter pipes run up the back and into the tank, so unfortunately, I can’t fit the Hydor behind the tank as I don’t have enough space between the tank and the wall.
The Hydor really needs to fit into the cabinet (i think).
DSC_2001_zpse0efe462.jpg

DSC_2005_zps5dc1fc03.jpg

Why don't you fit your plug extension to the wall of your cabinet, keeps it out the way and safer if there is a leak. Most come with wee holes underneath to slide over a screw head.

I see you have an Eheim electronic. EXCELLENT CHOICE !! Which model is it ? You can pipe up out of the filter then loop the pipe down low and then back UP into the bottom of the hydor, then out the top and on to the back of the tank and into the return. Alternatively if you dont want the return flow going lower than the top of the filter you can actually put the hydor just off the horizontal. Although they recommend against it, I know for a fact that George Farmer ran one that way. (He has said so himself on threads, Im not giving away state secrets, lol).

Whitey89 said:
I use a Hydor on my shrimp tank sideways with no ill effects.

I think it looks like a 2073 Chris? Great filters. I think me and you should try get some commission from eheim. :lol:

Duh... The 2073 is not an electronic model.. its probably a 2074. I reckon I should get more commission than you as my product knowledge is clearly better :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see another comment from someone using hydors horizontally... actually I am gonna be placing mine on the angle next time rather than vertical.

Yes the filter is an Eheim 2074 and i've had it for around 2 years now.
I did have the leaking head problem, but it was quickly swapped out by Eheim and had no problems since.
I now just run it in full Manual Mode having read other post here on UKAPS.
It is a nice piece of kit.

Need to get down to my local B&Q to get some clips etc.

Is all the excess Co2 tubing necessary? Could you not reduce the length of hose from reg to bubble counter, bubble counter to atomizer. It would tidy things up a great deal IMO. :thumbup:
I`m being seduced by these electronic Ehiems myself and I`m a G6 fan boy as Chris well knows. Lol

Quetzalcoatl said:
Is all the excess Co2 tubing necessary? Could you not reduce the length of hose from reg to bubble counter, bubble counter to atomizer. It would tidy things up a great deal IMO. :thumbup:
I`m being seduced by these electronic Ehiems myself and I`m a G6 fan boy as Chris well knows. Lol

Leave the darkside and come join us Greenies mate ;) You know it makes sense. :crazy:

I find closing the door great for hiding the mess!;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Don't worry about the mess it can't be seen when the doors shut lol just screw the adaptor onto the cabinet as already mentioned & your sorted :D

Back