• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Eheim compact for 260L tank?

kokkie

Seedling
Hi all,

I think I have some flow/distribution issues in my juwel vision 260. I currently have a JBL 1500 attached to a spraybar against the back of the tank and a jbl 900 to power the inline reactor. I was thinking to buy an eheim compact pump and attach it to the reactor and the long spraybar.

But i'm not sure which pump would be strong enough for this purpose.

I've looked at these two:
The eheim compact 3000 is adjustable from 1500 - 3000 l/h or the compact 5000 which pumps 2500-5000 l/h the only downside of the compact 5000 is that is has a large hose size which i probably need to make smaller and it almost has 10x turnover on its lowest setting.

Any help will be appreciated

have you tried experimenting with your spraybar set up? Maybe a tweak will overcome your flow issues?

yes I've tried different set ups ,I had the spraybars on one side and opposite of each other trying different angles but it didn't seem to work as good as now with the spraybar mounted against the back of the tank, judging by the algea growth on the plants.

I would go with the 3000. In fact I am fed up running two filters so am thinking about one for my tank too. I think (its either Easerthegeezer or Mikeappleby) one of the other guys has one and swears by it.

I have a 2000 on my 200L driving inline heater, diffuser and a 2 foot spray bar. I get pretty good flow out of it on the lowest setting. I have. My filter is on another 2 foot spray bar.

Thanks guys. I'm going to order the 3000 tomorow and hopefully it will be delivered this week.

Back