• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (PFK featured)

Re: Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner'

Started ei but mixed with water. Currently using a 'special N' type mix from apfuk and trace mix...having a few issues at the moment. Just ordered some normal ei macro salts and will be dosing a 'proper' regime from then onwards. Was having better sucees with TPN+ but think ive been cocking up dosing macro and micro one after the other on the same day :rolleyes:

Ady34 said:
Started ei but mixed with water. Currently using a 'special N' type mix from apfuk and trace mix...having a few issues at the moment. Just ordered some normal ei macro salts and will be dosing a 'proper' regime from then onwards. Was having better sucees with TPN+ but think ive been cocking up dosing macro and micro one after the other on the same day :rolleyes:

Ah i see... Easilly done though - my plants seem to be responding well, although i was just a bit concerned about the fish when dropping salts in the water, although the fish seem fine so far....

Happy birthday man. What you gonna get treated to?

Ady34 said:
Happy birthday man. What you gonna get treated to?

Cheers Ady :D I'm not sure as yet I do fancy a set of those nice curved scissors ;)

have a good un Gary!

make sure they say ADA on the side...

ianho said:
have a good un Gary!

make sure they say ADA on the side...

Cheers Ian, I sure will and you are right has to be ADA ones :thumbup:

I am getting a few of you PM'ing me asking about the skimmer - im due to do a pipe clean soon so i'll have the skimmer off and take some pics of it and the parts i have modified. im using it with the eheim grey installation sets, but guess it can be used with any really.
Photos to follow....

Thanks for posting this journal. Lots of good info and tips here.

Magnetic strip for tool storage - so nicking that :)

easerthegeezer said:
I reckon half of UKAPS are out buying magnetic knife holders this weekend, know i am!

lol, I did not realise it was so popular, I might invest in some Wilkos shares now :lol:

It does work well though and tools always to hand :thumbup:

Well, a bit of an update on this scape... I stripped it all down last Saturday and have totally redone it, I'll be posting some pics up soon :thumbup:

Me too :thumbup:
Did you just fancy a change?

Yes I just though a change would be nice, the last few tanks I've done have always had carpet of grass of some sort, this time ive gone for some Fiji course sand! Against the green of the plants it looks ace... I'll get some pics up soon :thumbup:

tim said:
Looking forward to your new scape Gary knowing how much of a PITA corner tanks are always good seeing one as well kept as yours

Cheers Tim, I'm just waiting to get my last few plants in then the camera will be out :thumbup:

Re: Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (re-scaped)

Right then, at last a couple of photos of my re-scape - gone is the grass to a more open fuji sand path way, to under the wood cave... the fish seem to love it! :thumbup: This was planted about 3 weeks ago and already the plants are starting to fill in nicely - I have just started dosing EI, so hopefully things will still progress.
Not the best quality photos, but you get the idea...

DSC_0418_zpsd1913cd1.jpg

DSC_0417_zps21cf2fda.jpg

DSC_0421_zps60649e04.jpg

DSC_0422_zpsc6d4d841.jpg

DSC_0427_zps706fd0f9.jpg

DSC_0432_zpsda4b754e.jpg

DSC_0433_zpsfc84d07e.jpg

Considering how difficult corner tanks are supposed to be to scape you have the nack of rolling great scapes out one after another, this is another belter Gary :clap:
I particularly like how natural the stone positions look.
Really like marbled hatchet fish too :)
Cheerio
Ady

Back