• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first pond (edit: 12 months later May 2012)

Excellent job, you have made a great choice of filter.
All to frequently you see folk using little back boxes attached to big, difficult to maintain, ponds where as you have adopted the right approach & used a decent sized filter, on an easy maintenance pond - well done :)
Did you install a top up valve?

Re: My first pond (edit: 12 months later June 2012)

foxfish said:
Excellent job, you have made a great choice of filter.
All to frequently you see folk using little back boxes attached to big, difficult to maintain, ponds where as you have adopted the right approach & used a decent sized filter, on an easy maintenance pond - well done :)
Did you install a top up valve?

Thanks for the thumbs up. I learned from planted tanks they need to have an easy cleaning and water change system. The one thing I did not do was install a top up valve. I assume that by this you mean to top up the water level? I still use a hose.

This is the filter in cleaning mode and you can see I've change the ball valve positions. I hardly use the UV.

IMG_3404.jpg

Current pictures (June 2012)

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3451.jpg

An absolutely lovely use of space.
I have the same pond (laguna self supporting?), set raised in decking. Yours is much better thought out and engineered. Im just using a pressurised external with uv, but its doing the trick with the eight goldfish/shubunkins.
Looks like with this and the new tank position inside youve been very busy and both look great.
Good job and keep us posted.
Cheerio,
Ady.

This is stunning i would love to be able to relax in a garden space like yours ... haha obviously after putting in all the hard work that you have :)

Now just need to get my wife to read this thread and agree!

Back