• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hypothetically, if you could choose only one..

johnski

Type of fish and one type of plant, for every future scape or tank that you ever do, what what you pick?

Me, I'd have to go with the good old Harlequin Rasbora, and Hygrophillia Difformis.

Great lookin' fish, and constantly active in all water levels. Just great fun to watch all the time. Not to mention relatively cheap to buy.
rasbora_harlequim_red_fish_photos.jpg

And HD, I just love the patterns it grows in and the soft green colour tone. It's also not very demanding either.
Hygrodifformis2.jpg

I'd go for the Harlequin too :D as for the plant I'm not sure the only plant i've had success with is the Java Fern. But will be set up my first planted tank soon so hopefully that will change :lol:

If only one....Cardinal tetras and Microsorum pteropus 'petite'. Guaranteed to deliver every time!
feb20122602.jpg

Great question. Limiting to a single species is tough but your suggestion of harlequins and H. difformis is a great combo! Great fish and the plant can be pruned to form a nice design. They're also from the same continent so you could loosely base a biotope.

One of my favourite combos has been cardinals and hairgrass (E. acicularis).

5070482961_a68697a8c3_o.jpg
cardinals2 by George Farmer, on Flickr

Back