• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are lily pipes possible with an fx5?

Tomfish

I'm contemplating getting lily pipes but they seem to be 17mm at the largest. Is this compatible with the fx5's whopping 25mm hose or is there any way to make them fit?

Thanks, Tom

nope its a case of get some acrylic tube and make your own i'm sure there's a guide around here somewhere

even if you could reduce down to 17 mm the flow would be fudged. Ebay clear acrylic tube is your best bet.

I ended up using steel pipes designed for car exhaust parts. They never rusted and worked very well.

If you like the industrial look then good, but not very Amano.

You can see them in the tank in my Signature.

S

Damn, things are never simple! Thanks for the for the replies. Stickleback, your tank's great, the industrial look adds to its moody charm, unfortunatley I'm going for the sleek glass retangle look. Mainly as a compromise to my girlfriend for my '4 foot waste of space', beech cladding need not apply!
I must admit to being duanted by yet for more DIY, but blowing bubbles in plastic sounds like fun :)

Back