• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are my tank dimensions safe? Opinions please.

Stickleback

Hi Guys

Have recently left the U.K. and moved to Vietnam (will stick with UKAPS rather than VAPS for now though).

Shipped all my filters here (was interesting getting those through customs) and am now setting up a planted tank in Nam.

I have just had a quote for my tank, but I wanted to have your opinions on the safety of these dimensions. L120cm W80cm H60cm Braceless made from 15mm glass.

The aquarium maker here of course said "yeah yeah it will be fine".

I would like to know whether people here think that would be safe or likely to explode at the slightest knock.

Many thanks in advance.

S

an aquarium of that size with no rim or brace would need 12mm glass for a factor of 4 safety so if he's building you it out of 15mm glass then its more than sufficient

none of mine have double bases as you don't make a habbit of lifting a full aquarium oO and a glass base sat on a smooth/level wood surface is more than sufficient even in a lot lower thickness ie: you could get away with say a 5mm base as long as it was on say 18mm mdf :)

instead I opt for putting a layer of polystyrene under my tanks to give it abit of base insulation

Back