• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2011 3rd Place 60-120L!! 60cm iwagumi scape

Re: 60cm iwagumi scape

icepotato89 said:
i trimmed the HC yesterday for a new iwagumi that i'm setting up at a LFS and because i don't like it growing right up to the glass

DSCN2893.jpg

DSCN2896.jpg

I hate this as well.

I have never liked plants pressing up against the front of the glass.

Like the rock and open aspect, nice scape.

thanks everyone, those photos back on the previous page are the ones i entered into the AGA competition. hopefully AGA arnt as strict about posting photos before the results like IAPLC.

Very nice indeed, i should stop looking at these scapes as it makes me want to give it a go :D

LP

Lovely tank. Obviously very fastidiously kept.
Really like the lower sandy area, and the hydrocolyte.

Only criticism is that I'm not so sure about the cropped lawn edges, and it appears to be a little bit 'neat' in general.

inspirational!

icepotato89 said:
thanks everyone, those photos back on the previous page are the ones i entered into the AGA competition. hopefully AGA arnt as strict about posting photos before the results like IAPLC.

I think you'll get good comments from the AGA.

I can see where you are going with it and it's a nice idea/execution.

Congratulations indeed - still one of my faves. Toally inspired and amazing.

This and Stu Worralls Lava Rock Scape keep me wanting more...

congratualtions on your well deserved placement :thumbup:

Cheers,
James

icepotato89 said:
thanks! actually this tank just got me a job at my favorite LFS here in melbourne. i'm going to be setting up all the new planted display tanks. high and low tech, iwagumi, driftwood scapes, jungle scapes and possibly doing a rescape on a 10x4x4ft monster! my dream job and it pays well too!!

do you have pictures of these? or a website for the shop? if they're anywhere near as good as this one...

i went on holiday for 3 weeks during christmas and newyear and left my sister in charge of my tanks. needless to say this one turned to $h!t. ive slowly been bringing it back and finally things are looking good. HC needs to fill in again

before
DSCN3351.jpg

and now
DSCN3928.jpg

Back