• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Second meeting at ADC.

I believe Leonroy grabbed a picture of Jim's substrate inserts in action:

6315048356_8e9d188904_z.jpg

edit: hehe, guess you saw it George :)

In that kind of tank, with sand near the fertile substrate with no hardscape barrier, how do you keep them separate long term?

I think Jim was in again Saturday afternoon to add some coarse substrate to soften the edges and fit the CO2. I'll pop into ADC after work tomorrow and see if I can get a clearer pic. The ADA setup he used (garden stand, metal pipe set, superjet etc. looked fantastic as well.).

Ok 1st post on here :D

I decided to join the forum after meeting a fair few of you the other night at ADC. Thoroughly enjoyed myself it was great chatting to those who I did.

ADC many congratulations on hosting such an enjoyable night i'll be sure to look out for more meets in the future.

Many thanks to Jim extremely knowledgeable chap brilliant inspiration gained very much looking forward to road trip up Wrexham.

Perhaps catch up with a few of you at the Aquatics Live show :thumbup:

matador1982 said:
Ok 1st post on here :D

I decided to join the forum after meeting a fair few of you the other night at ADC. Thoroughly enjoyed myself it was great chatting to those who I did.

Welcome, thanks for all your help at ADC today (it was you right?)

Here's Jim's layout, it has the full ADA treatment right down to all the fancy CO2 glass and it's one of the snazziest looking tanks in the shop!

U9rQ2.jpg

The tanks looking good :thumbup:

It was a very pleasant evening, great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones too :D .
Looking forward to seeing you all again at "Aquatics LIve".

Cheers,
James

I saw the tank last week, and it was looking amazing.

Had some new plants, new fish and it even has some emerse grow.

It is by far the best tank on the shop.

Will so a video next time I go there, mid week.

Might see you up there luis, have been tellin myself I need to check up with this tank.

I was there Sunday. The tank looks great.

I took these on my phone in a rush in case I got caught!? No idea why I must have a guilty conscience...

Full shot
photo-1.jpg

Right side:
ADCright.jpg

Left side:
ADCleft.jpg

Full frontal again
photo.jpg

The other tanks that were scaped on the first meet are also looking a lot better that the last time I was there. Neglected to get photos though as I only had eyes for one...

They also had Tropica Hydrocotyle sp. 'Japan'. That shop just gets better!

The tanks were rescaped I think, since last meet. :)

The ada tank is looking very nice, but Greg had to change some of the background plants. On that tank I really like the hardscape.

ghostsword said:
I will be going Friday evening, be there for about 1745.
Should be there around 17:30 so see you there ;)

Back