• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Full tank shots and stuff.

I've just about caught everything in the tank, without too much disruption.

This could quite possibly be the last time you see this. It'll be going to Telford Aquatics show this week, and then returned home. If it comes back safely, then i'll carry on running it, if not, i'll start with a new scape.

I've learned so so much, much more than any other tank I've done. So, for once, i'm genuinely excited about the next tank in terms of 'ease'

Layout, was average and I've made some strange choices, but I've learned from this. I'm going back to what i love the most....Stone!

It's a shame really, because much of the scape still needs time to mature. Ferns for example, still need to fully transform.

last2.jpg

last-1.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 possibly, for the last time.

Getting ready for the big move.

I've moved it away from the wall to clean, but the back glass is clean :D

tropica-tel.jpg

tropica-tel-2.jpg

wish me luck 8)

This is a good opportunity to get some pics, as the light falls on the rear wall.

good luck with everything Mark and i'll look forward to the new scape.

ps the scape still looks great!

ianho said:
good luck with everything Mark and i'll look forward to the new scape.

cheers bud.

NeilW said:
Any inspiration for your new scape?

yes mate, i have a bit. I'll sketch a few things out before i do it.

I'm aiming for really open, airy style of scape next time, to emphasize the large size of the tank.

I've refilled this until tomorrow night. It looks quite nice away from the wall with 2 x 150MH over the top.

tel2.jpg

tel-1.jpg

Good luck with the trip mate :thumbup:

You had a great success with this setup, so I can't wait to see your next challenge :clap:

cheers mate.

It's still possible i'll be keeping this going. I wish i had a bigger house, where i could put it in the middle of the room. Looks so much better.

Then again, onwards and upwards sounds like fun :D

telf3.jpg

Cheers Mark, you're brave man :D I would never take a tank like this to an event. Hopefully things will go well and you can have it back without any damage.

On the other side the visitors will freak out to see a tank like this in person. :thumbup: And noone could came up with a competitive setup to yours. So you will harvest all the success for sure. You deserve it Mark. Enjoy that moment. :angelic:

Please do some shots on the movement too and the event.
I would like to see the people faces. I bet will be like :wideyed: :shifty: :crazy: :wideyed: :woot:

:lol: :thumbup:

Cheers Viktor. It's a mission for sure, but when i half emptied the tank, it moved easy.

I've got about 6 guys to help me out lifting it. Time will tel i guess. (praise :angelic: )

Here's a short clip...

To be honest, like i mentioned, it's not fully grown in. Stems need time as do the ferns. Moss is quite nice, the best I've grown for sometime. Hopefully the public will like. I cant wait to get 300w of ADA NAG green over the top :D

Antoni said:
I think though, that you are going to start the new venture really sooooon...... as far as I know you

You know me well Antoni :lol:

I notice a stray fish!!!!!! :twisted:

120 x 55 x 55 possibly, for the last time.

It is a great scape, and the tank is superb. How would you move something that big safely is a surprise to me, buy I am glad that you are doing it. The more people know about planted tanks the better.

Looking forward to your next scape.

what a beauty. thanks for posting all this and the video at the end show just how clean and perfect it is.
best of luck with the move.
regards,
fandango

Thanks for the support guys.

Moving the tank was a breeze. Much easier than i thought. 4 of us took a corner each, and job done.

It's sealed tightly with cling film, so should be OK.

van.jpg

Mind those speed bumps!

edit: Although I suppose with a vans wide wheelbase, it shouldn't be a problem, i'm used to my little fiesta :rolleyes:

Back