• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Helping hand from my son, Dan!

Cheers Luis. Yeah, it was fun counting cherry shrimp. :)

After such time, i can see the moss starting to take over the stones. Even the big obtrusive stone has moss crawling up it, so hopefully, after 6 months, they should look a bit more subtle.

creeping-moss.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute. My Little Boy always wants to help me with the tank and he is nearly 2.

Cheers guys. It's nice to try and include my son. Maybe one day, he'll take it up too. He is asking for a small tank of his own.

you do realise he'll want a sponge bob in there. I'm also getting the same request at the moment. Perhaps we could have a children tank scape off lol.

All I can say is 'Wow'- well maybe a little more! Your Dan certainly lets us know the size of your tank and the size of your plants. The whole is so much more than the sum of the parts in your tank, it really is a lip smacking good looking tank. I think the shot with your Dan in front says so much more than here is a great looking tank it tells us the whole family are proud of your art. Think this is the nicest picture I've seen of any of your tanks Mark, a very big well done :clap:

Cheers guys; your all too kind. :thumbup:

Well, i observe frequently. Looking around at the roots and things.

I've noticed something really strange from the crypt balansae. Whats happening is, the roots are growing upwards and out of the substrate. Any reason why?

They're noticeable on the side glass, and if you look in about 3 inches, it's happening all around the base of the bunch of crypts. :geek:

This image, isnt to show this BTW...I'll try and get one to illustrate the above.

side-3.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Strange crypt roots. Growing upwards

From my basic knowledge I think plant roots will always grow in the direction where its needs can be met. I've also read that Crypts are a root thirsty species, so my deduction would be that its finding something tasty elsewhere and heading towards it. Maybe try some root tabs underneath that particular plant to encourage it back in the right direction.

Either that or its lost.

Maybe its hitting your plastic crate bariers and grow up in these spots?

Thanks for the advice fellas. :thumbup:

I think i'll leave them, as they're doing no harm

From no where, there's a stalk from the aponogeten crispus red, which has broken the surface this morning.
So i think soon, it'll flower :D

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Aponogeten to flower soon.

I'm looking forward to watching it develop :thumbup:

My evening water change routine, saw my cat help out.

Check her out in the front of the shot holding the hose pipe ;) could of ended in disaster!!

cat-helps-out.jpg

Back