• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys Mini-M - 90 days & its all over !

Re: Tonys ADA Mini-M - planted

Kazuya said:
Nice layout. You're using a 2075 on a Mini M. Is that not to much flow for such a small tank?

Thanks Kazuya, yep tis a bit of overkill, but its a mature filter that I had available to move onto this tank, so it made sense to use it and just turn the flow down to about 50%. That said, there is an area of HC which is suffering already ( after 5 days) and I'm pretty sure its because the flow is not quite getting to that area.

stuworrall said:
ooof! Very nice layout and great photography Tony :) nice V shape going on up the middle to draw the eye out to the sides of the tank. Im looking forward to seeing how the Pinnatifida grwos out of the stump as ive niot seen it used like that before. Is the glosso planted at the back?

Thanks Stu, the glosso is planted amongst the parvula at the back - I'm going to let grow upwards to see how it looks. Theres also a bit between the HC and the Ranunculus to help the transition.

andyh said:
tony you are not helping matters, i have been considering parting with some cash for Mini m and here you go selfishly showing us how great they can look............................................Dammm You (and Stu!)!!!!!! ;o)
lol, sorry andy :lol:

Westyggx said:
Looks very nice indeed!

Thanks Westy :)

Here are a couple of detail pics I took whilst I was shooting the step by step ...

MiniM_StepByStep0169.jpg

MiniM_StepByStep0174.jpg

MiniM_StepByStep0161.jpg

MiniM_StepByStep0178.jpg

MiniM_StepByStep0179.jpg

A good start Tony.

When the ranunculus gets going, it's unstoppable. Advice from Troels @ Tropica is to cut it hard.

I've done this, and it always makes a hasty recovery. It also forces it to grow shorter. :thumbup:

Older leaves tend to attract the brown stuff.

Mark Evans said:
A good start Tony.

When the ranunculus gets going, it's unstoppable. Advice from Troels @ Tropica is to cut it hard.

I've done this, and it always makes a hasty recovery. It also forces it to grow shorter. :thumbup:

Tony, don't you dare dare throw away those cuttings :)

Mark Evans said:
A good start Tony.

Thanks for the tips Mark, I've got it in my 5 footer and its going great guns ! You're right that it will need a bit more management in this size tank :)

hotweldfire said:
Tony, don't you dare dare throw away those cuttings :)

I'll keep some for you Sanj :)

Tony

:lol:

Don't apologise Tony, I've been called much worse things in the past :?

Also, thanks for the offer but don't worry. ADC got some of this in today and I just happened to be there when the tropica box was opened :angelic:

Don't worry Luis ;) I only took one pot but you'll have to be quick. There were only two in there. Only half the delivery turned up so he might get some more tomorrow.

Thanks dude, will call them right now for a reservation, or will order some more. The good thing about ADC is that one can order plants or fish, this was how I got the zebra otos. :)

Hi Tony

That's an excellent nano scape.
Looks like you are developing a rather distinctive style, cos i reckon I'd recognise that as one yours without your name attached.

Look forward to seeing it grow in.

Cheers,
james

hotweldfire said:
:lol: ADC got some of this in today and I just happened to be there when the tropica box was opened :angelic:

Lucky timing huh ? :lol: Pleased you got some :)

James Marshall said:
Looks like you are developing a rather distinctive style, cos i reckon I'd recognise that as one yours without your name attached

Thanks James - means alot coming from the nano-maester :) I'm not sure if having a 'distinctive style' is a good thing, probably means I need to do something different next time lol

Tank update...

The planting is 6 days old, and I was getting alot of die back in the HC at the front left ( see pic below from a couple of days ago). The flow was just not getting around to that part of the tank, so i changed the direction of the lily outlet and it seems to be recovering now, so hopefully it will take off. There is some gloss and HC ready to be pruned already :wideyed:

Tony

HC melt...

MiniM_StepByStep0209.jpg

hotweldfire said:
:lol: ADC got some of this in today and I just happened to be there when the tropica box was opened :angelic:

Lucky timing huh ? :lol: Pleased you got some :)

James Marshall said:
Looks like you are developing a rather distinctive style, cos i reckon I'd recognise that as one yours without your name attached

Thanks James - means alot coming from the nano-maester himself :) I'm not sure if having a 'distinctive style' is a good thing, probably means I need to do something different next time lol

Tank update...

The planting is 6 days old, and I was getting alot of die back in the HC at the front left ( see pic below from a couple of days ago). The flow was just not getting around to that part of the tank, so i changed the direction of the lily outlet and it seems to be recovering now, so hopefully it will take off. There is some gloss and HC ready to be pruned already :wideyed:

Tony

HC melt...

MiniM_StepByStep0209.jpg

Re: Tonys ADA Mini-M - 6 days old

Grrr... You people are evil! I want an ADA Mini set up now :(

Re: Tonys ADA Mini-M - 6 days old

46 day update :)

The tank has been going along OK, if a little slowly. Water changes are at 50% 3 days a week, and I'm still dosing 1 squirt of Green Brighty Step 1, and 1 of Brighty K daily. I had a small outbreak of diatoms, but the water changes plus a couple of Amanos soon took are of that ;)

The ranunculus is rampant, and I'm trimming it twice a week, trying to control its height in the mid and foreground, whilst letting it go tall in the background. I've also added some moss to the wood, which is a bit straggly right now but I'll trim it back soon once its a little more established.

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Here are a couple of the occupants...

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Back