• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for 128 liter with opgrade-possibilities

AndersH

Hi there

I'm thinking of buying an AquaMedic 2x24w t5 + 150w hqi for my 128 liter with the possibility of buying another of the same lamp to hang next to it when I get enough cash to opgrade the tank to a 120cm optiwhite.

I was wondering if any of you have tried that before or got some experience with those lamps. I Think they're called Sunlight NG or something similar. I'm buying them used/2'nd hand to keep the cost down.
Would it be enough light for both scenarios with using the t5's all the time and only the hqi a few hours at peek. I'm using presurized CO2 and dosing EI ferts.

Best regards,

Anders Halse

Aquamedic are a good make.
If you use it on the 128litre then only use the 2x24 t5 bulbs as this is plenty of light. The 150W metal halide would be overkill.
When you upgrade to a 120cm then the 150W should be ok to use for a few hours. You must be ontop with CO2 distribution, ferts and water changes.

Back