• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Torn...planted or gravel foregroun

Piece-of-fish said:
I have a strong feeling you will have the tank soon

:p cant wait!

flygja said:
Oh my... I might've soiled myself there...

shhhhh.... :shh:

Mrmikey said:
the 'Darth Vader' of lights. pretty badboy IMO.

It did say on the box..."welcome to the dark side" :lol:

George Farmer said:
I'd be interested to see how you get on with your photography using the ADA NAG. From what I've seen the green rendition is awesome, but perhaps at the expense of other colours slightly...

possibly mate. However, my ADA NAMH, and even the geissman tropic give off a yellow tone. I'm not really a fan of it.

I'll mix and match until i find a nice combo. The geissman midday is a nice T5 lamp though.

Here, you can see the reflectors are slightly different to the normal 'hammered' look. Extremely polished to.

geissmann.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Torn...planted or gravel foregroun

In preparation of the tank coming next week, I'm off to buy the parts for my lighting stand.

It'll be the same as whats on my 60cm.

Everything is just about in place now. :D

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' All geared up.

The decision has been made!...Gravel foreground! :D

I've bought a really nice gravel for £2.50.. One of those big bags too. Just washed it and letting it dry out.

I've just done a quick test with the gravel, in a nano. It looks real nice 8)

I'm also going to do something a bit different with it...may work, may not. My early test shows it works ;)

Next week guys,next week. :D

Sat in a hotel rOom bored silly. Tapping away on my I phone, dreaming up scape ideas :arghh:

Mark Evans said:
Next week guys,next week. :D

Sat in a hotel rOom bored silly. Tapping away on my I phone, dreaming up scape ideas :arghh:

:D :D :D I can absolutely relate to that, Mark . Can't wait to see more pics too.

faizal said:
Can't wait to see more pics too.

I cant wait to take some :D

I've been doing something i never ever do!....drawing layouts. It's surprising how different your ideas can be when doing this.

I've got a gem, but again, not the balls to try it.

Tony Swinney said:
grab you kahunas and do it

:lol: ok, i'll try.

Tony Swinney said:
and more pics of THAT light too - it looks beautifully engineered.

It's incredible Tony.

When it's suspended, I'll take some decent shots.

here's a couple

light5.jpg

light4.jpg

light-3.jpg

light6.jpg

does it come with the ADA bulb ?

will be interesting to see this light in action.

ianho said:
does it come with the ADA bulb ?

No mate. I put that in. Just to see if it works, before i ordered the ADA NAG green.

Geissmann though, used to make the ADA lighting.

Lol. Be brave once you get back home and post up your sketch so we can see how it matches the reality :)

I'm terrible for doing this in MS Paint before I get all the gear. Doesn't work out too bad though.

Andy

Some how i missed this thread! o_O

Mark, spectacular kit list and as you know i am big fan of the ADA system. As you say it just works! The results should be stunning. I am using ADA substrate system with Tropica and the results have been great on my lounge tank. :thumbup:

That light is very special! Cant wait to see it up and running. Hows about a video showing the light coming on and getting to full brightness?

Keep up the detail on the journal it makes a great read!

andyh said:
That light is very special! Cant wait to see it up and running. Hows about a video showing the light coming on and getting to full brightness?

Keep up the detail on the journal it makes a great read!

Now that would be something to marvel at.. :)

SuperColey1 said:
Be brave once you get back home and post up your sketch so we can see how it matches the reality

I'll be brave, on the next tank. I've no real time @ home in the coming months. :(

andyh said:

I may just do that Andy :thumbup: tomorrow in fact.

I've just picked up the tank from Ed. As Luis pointed out, it's fabulous! And big?...an understatement! It's massive!!!!!

The 'big' pieces of manzi wood I've got...some 1m long, look small now :lol:

ghostsword said:
Now that would be something to marvel at..

just for you guys :thumbup:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Tank and cabinet arrive!

And ultra heavy :wideyed:
No excuses for you now :p but I don't think we will have to wait long.
I bet first thing in the morning you do is getting the dust off the manzi box.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' Tank and cabinet arrive!

just sat the geissmann over the tank. Man, is this an awesome light.

with 2 x 54t5 and both 150w MH running, the light spill is so little. Geissmann's claim, that light spill is a minimum, due to refelctor design...and they're right. Most of the light goes in the tank. :angelic:

Back