• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 and fish

DEL 707

I've had my CO2 off for an extended peroid today while i clean the diffuser (ran out of bleech, long story short, my CO2's been off all day).

For the 1st time in weeks/months I actually saw my cardinal tetra's swimming around the tank, normally they hide at the back/bottom of the tank behind the plants. I always thought it was because they is only 3 of them, i lost 3 of them to a CO2 problem and havn't restocked because I'm still trying to get my algea problems under control.

I have 2 drop checkers in my tank, a single 1 and another with 2 compartments (what ever they'll called), 1 for reading the other for reference.

Here's a very basic diagram of the setup.
On the left I have a Koralia Nano 900 powerhead with the CO2 diffuser about 20-30cm below it.
My filter is an external TetraTec EX1200 using a spray bar.
The 2 circles are my drop checkers.

co2diagram.jpg

Is there something wrong with my setup.
I do my best to make sure my readings are green, well, on the blue side of green, but now it's obvious it's having a bad effect on my fish.

if the drop checkers on the blue side of green is that not indicating not enough co2? i run mine lime green. it doesnt seem to have any affect on my cardinals, they happily swim all oever, then go for a hide behind the plants for a bit and back out again. i think with there only being 3 theres non of that safety in numbers for them i guess. also, in your diagram, id assume that really only the left side of your tank would be getting most of the co2. i could be wrong though im sure one of the more experienced people on here could help.

Same thing happen with mine, they just hid all the time except for feeding time. I felt sorry for them and gave them back to the shop.

Back