• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 3 weeks second trim complete

Awww, cheers Dave.

I've done a couple of clips with the white, and after the trim.

http://youtu.be/angDtpykzIo

I'm just getting some practise in, for the final shoot of vids and pics.

There's a few things I've noticed since using solely Tropica plants...the main one is, no snails! a joy.

great vid mark. must be great to get home after a week away to see the progress of the tank. Still loving that black background over the white one though as the contrast is uber lovely :D

The videos are great!

I still like the black background more, but the white looks nice too :D

The Formula 1 on the site works well too ;)

The Ranunculus is a great plant, I would consider it in some of my next setups.

looks really nice, white or black, it still looks good. Great vids as well Mark.

ps, try and get a vid with the Eastenders omnibus edition in the background next time!

George Farmer said:
The Cardinals look great - they're a classic for a reason. The RGB balance is lovely!

Cheers matey. The wifes choice though. She reckons, because she has looked after the tank, she should decide...cardinals it was.

ianho said:
ps, try and get a vid with the Eastenders omnibus edition in the background next time!

will do :lol:

Antoni said:
The Ranunculus is a great plant, I would consider it in some of my next setups.

It's nice mate, and easy. I may use it in the 120cm :thumbup:

stuworrall said:
great vid mark. must be great to get home after a week away to see the progress of the tank.

cheers Stu. It amazes me, how d=fast the tank is growing, and algae free. Some minor diatoms, but that's it.

The plants pearl really intensely just an hour in to the photoperiod.

Here's Proserpinaca palustris ''Cuba'' reaching for the light. There's a touch of colour coming.

P-Cuba.jpg

Hi Mark,the black background get's my vote mate,i love the vid's too,well you for cardinal's in the end, nice choice mate,

john.

john starkey said:
Hi Mark,the black background get's my vote mate,

Interesting that everyone prefers the black. :geek:

Shooting with black, for me, is quite tough. Trying to eliminate any light spill onto the background, but allowing enough to fall on the plants.

I have to use a piece of paper to control the light...high tech eh?

black-2.jpg

when shooting for a white background, you just let the light spill. I've only used 1 x 200w flash. With 2 you'd have tons more control, but i cant be bothered to pull the tank away from the wall right now.

white-2.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. :thumbup:

I specially like the last picture with the black background.:)

I like my teeshirts black and my back grounds white, never liked black backgrounds, it will take a lot to win me over.
Scapes looking great as ever mark, full credit to you both.
Unusual use of the ranunculus, it's normally used sporadically in a layout as a minor texture plant, to see it as a proper dense stand is something else.

Hi Mark think you should go to the dark side or at least the black background, looks the biz. Now wondering what it would look like with charcoal grey? Truth is I find the wallpaper distracting :lol:

A new addition to the house, and i sense a new hobby :shifty:

A bonsai-ed Acer...

bonsai.jpg

Stu Worrell's your man for bonsai,i have alway's fancied one but at my age now it would out live me :lol: ,nice acer mate,

john.

I used to keep Bonsai trees as well. When i say used to, I mean i kept them for about 6 months and they would die on me. I had an Acer and the hardest thing was trying to keep the leaves small. I often would over trim and water them, which would make them die.

Looks nice next to the Buddha though mate!

Bonsai is nice, I love it :) A new passion, but you will not be able to get the grow rate of the tank on the right :lol:

I have only the little sekiboka - mini bonsai and it is great little tree.

Good look with it, mate!

Would be lovely if we could grow acers under halides :) unfortunately it wont be the light but the humidity of the house that will do it in :( They are ok to keep indoors for a day or two but ideally it would be outdoors where it will fare better. Nice tree though mark, looks like it needs a trim tho due to uber growth :D

Before i went away, i did read up on bonsai trees, and indeed, they do need to be outside...so that's where it went.

Stu! i may be picking your brains sometime soon, if that's OK :D

Well, after 3 months of working away, i now have the privilege of staying at home every night, for about 4 weeks. I can now dedicate some time to the set up.

My wife, Natalya, has done an awesome job, and really, this tank is as it is,because of her hard work.

HC is rampant. and needs a serious trimming. Everything else can also be cut.

Algae wise, there's a small bit of brown in places, but that's it. Not even a sign of it on the rocks...without any scrubbing!

Back