• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini M - Rescape V3

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
I had moved my ADA Nano tank to our gallery just to have another toy there :D
It was time to rescape this tank a while ago and it was easier to do this in the gallery with all the plants, decors etc around me.

We used ADA Nile Sand only as a bottom layer.
Red Moor and Fuji stone (island lava). Plants: Riccia, Christmas moss, Weeping moss, Anubias Nana, Microsorum Needle Leaf, Bolbitis H. and Hydrocotyle Martima

As i only had 2-3 hours to finish up the scape, it could have been better, but will work well as another eye catching stuff to the visitors. Hopefully they will enjoy it. ;)

5630814121_5779e93230_z.jpg

5630815483_59df67bf4b_z.jpg

5631399914_f6009b7aab_z.jpg

5631401468_e5ee0b8142_z.jpg

filled in...

5630821055_9b5587403d_z.jpg

5631405258_6fbcc110ea_z.jpg

5630824173_3c66244921_z.jpg

we look forward to see this grow in the next few weeks/months.

thanks for watching guys :thumbup:

Why Viktor Whyyyy!!! When I was just getting over rimless ada sexyness and was willing to settle for a standard hooded nano, you throw this in my face haha, and I'm going TGM next month!! Haha how will I resist a mini M and mini solar now!! Haha.

Could you share more of the geeky facts please

Lighting period co2 period bps, fert and how much :) would really appreciate it.

P.S. Cracking tank once again as usual from you mate

Tom said:
Very nice Viktor, that's a great chunk of wood :)

Thank you mate :D

Tom said:
Why Viktor Whyyyy!!! When I was just getting over rimless ada sexyness and was willing to settle for a standard hooded nano, you throw this in my face haha, and I'm going TGM next month!! Haha how will I resist a mini M and mini solar now!! Haha.

LOL that's funny ;) Thank you my friend. :angelic:
Well i did not had time for this nano at home and looked bad at the end. Whenever we start something new, the engines warming up again. I love this feeling in this hobby. Doing a new stuff with a good photo capture not only good for you, but for many others, and we all get some extra energy to do something great :D
Mark is the master of it :angelic: Like a roller coaster really.

nayr88 said:
Could you share more of the geeky facts please
Lighting period co2 period bps, fert and how much would really appreciate it.

Sure, here you go:

Pressurized CO2 with an ADA Mini Diffuser. 2bps / sec for now til there's no fish or shrimp.
Lighting is aligned to our opening hours. 10am-18pm.
Filtraiton is an EHEIM Ecco Pro 130 with substrat pro and 100ml Purigen
Ferts are Brighty K and Step 1. 1 push from both (1ml)
Soft water with RO
Water temp is 22-24 Celsius

Lovely simple setup. Always interesting to see how people put lava stone to good use as it seems such a difficult hardscape. Once it grows in it could work well as a low-tech setup with a lower powered light if the CO2 gets expensive. Great stuff!

Thanks for your reply mate, couldn't agree more, you see someone doing a new tanks and you feel so involved haha, than you realise its not in your own living room and this is when your wallets tries to run and hide behind the girlfriend haha. ;)

Is co2 on a timer?

Is this set up the kind of set up that would benefit from ADA special shade? Would you replace the Brightly K with special shade or dose step 1, brightly K and special shade together?

Thank you

nayr88 said:
Is this set up the kind of set up that would benefit from ADA special shade? Would you replace the Brightly K with special shade or dose step 1, brightly K and special shade together?

That's what I'm dosing on my nano :) 1 pump from each. To be honest, I'm still a little foggy about the ADA ferts, but I'm sticking with this.

That's a really sculptural piece of redmoor Viktor :) The scape looks really nice!

1 week after the setup...

Not too much happened. Just did the first water change. There was no reason to make it frequently as there's only sand in this tank.

Plants shows some growth. Especially hydro and riccia, but i see some progress with the mosses too.

This is how it looks today. Ah water clarity? Used purigen this time (not activated carbon) with the bio filter medium.

Red moor still has that fluffy stuff, but i guess we will pass that the next week.

5657985983_08c4a96e6c_b.jpg

5657992697_78e8232a8f_b.jpg

big bro is watching in the back.... :D

5658562932_eba7eff3f8_b.jpg

cheers :thumbup:

Hi Viktor,i really like this the rescape,the wood layout is very natural looking and very good plant growth too,

john.

Waht a beautiful microhabtiats for shrimp. The tank is impec. :thumbup:

Ain't the co2 difusor a bit high in the tank? should it not be placed closer to the bottom to maximise the contact between co2 and water?

cheers,

G

Sweet lord, nearly 100% difference in price between Viktors shop and TGM. Jesus.

Thanks guys for your kind words. I am very excited to see this small tank growing. Seen so many nice small tank here on the forum. So i jumped on the nano wagon again. :D

gmartins said:
Ain't the co2 difusor a bit high in the tank? should it not be placed closer to the bottom to maximise the contact between co2 and water?

This is a spec ADA diffuser which sits on the edge of the tank. You can't move it to the bottom. I do not say it would not be nice, but this was the trade off for the beauty. ;)

Just need to take care to top up the tank continously. And watch for the surface movements to not loose too much gas.

B7fec said:
Loving it! I really want a Mini M!! Victor......do you ship from your shop to the UK?

Sorry guys i am not here for business. I am a planted tank fanatic just like you. So i am just an individual now.

Just a quick feedback as a business person: There's an ADA dealer in UK and he is the sponsor of the forum too. There's an untold policy that foreign reps could not sell to countries where there are local reps. So this would not be fair and we're not doing that.

Please accept that i am only here for fun with you guys. :angelic:

Fair enough Victor, mind I wasn't on about just ADA products, you have some products in the shop that are not available in here in the UK. Anyway enough said, I look forward to scape updates!

Back