• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" The Plan!

Sounds good Mark, I'll look forward to seeing your plan come together...... and I'm sure the moss will come good for you.
Mark Evans said:
nd i would die to have moss like yours Ben I'm not a happy mossy bunny at the mo.
What Moss? :woot:
IMG_0165.jpg
:lol:

But thats another journal ;)

B7fec said:
What Moss?

:lol: I'm keeping an eye on you and your moss!

B7fec said:
But thats another journal

and one i'll be watching ;)

Tony Swinney said:
Nice, clean and simple Mark - much much better

Cheers Tony :thumbup: Plants in the post tomorrow or Tuesday ;)

George Farmer said:
This has the potential to be your best 'scape yet.

Cheers George. The more i look at it the more i'm really liking it. :D

Tom said:
I'd be more than happy to have this as a serious tank, let alone a tester.

Cheers Tom, I'm finding that doing a tank my old way (planting and leaving it alone) isnt the best way. I'm discovering that taking away or adding plants can often lead to a better layout. I just dont have that 'amano' eye.

So stage one of the plan...taking the bolbitis out! such a small thing to do, but blimey, it's opened the tank up no end.

other stages will take place over the coming days....do you know how tiring it is to take out a huge bolbitis? :lol:

bolb-gone.jpg

Hi Mark, loving your tank but already missing the Bolbitis( bought some after seeing it in your tank ) but your the man with the vision and can't wait to see where your vision is going to take the tank,seriously can't wait , want to see it NOW!!!!!! :lol:

samc said:
i seem to end up making it too symetrical.

I used to fall into that trap a lot. It's all to easy to do aswell. A dry scape will look totaly different once filled in, but it's hard to see sometimes.

mrjackdempsey said:
want to see it NOW!!!!!!

me to :lol: boy, these next 3 months are going to be tough.

A vid to go with the weekends trimming. Nothing special.720p or 1080p if you can.

see you next weekend :lol: or i might even leave for 2 weeks. Now there's a challenge. :p

guys, thanks.

What i meant by 'nothing special' was the vid. Just 2 clips strung together. No music, editing etc. :oops:

Tom said:
How's that for temptation?

i think i'll wait for a couple of months :lol:

LondonDragon said:
love the video and those mosses are looking great too

Cheers Paulo. I've done a bit of digging on tinternet, and found a great site for moss info. It appears (as you also said paulo) moss goes through a period of settling in. Coming from one tank to another, it needs to adjust.

I think finally, mine is adjusting with bright green, new growth.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Covering old ground.

I Had to post some kind of image. I'm testing whether i can go a while without posting a pic...It's harder than when i quit drink! :wideyed:

So, instead of showing how things are now, i thought i could show how things were.

For Ed...the c helferi days.

old.jpg

I've trimmed the moss tonight, and replanted some hydrocotyle in the front. :)

No Mark, don't stop posting pics mate! (i think i speak for everyone here). Looks absolutely sublime mate, it really does.

Piece-of-fish said:
Mmmm... Helfeeeeeri...

its dead mate :lol:

ianho said:
No Mark, don't stop posting pics mate! (i think i speak for everyone here). Looks absolutely sublime mate, it really does.

I'm sat at my desk quivering, like a nervous wreck...must post pics, must post pics...must beat Tom.... :lol:

A slight decrease in co2, ferts, light and temp, and the moss looks the best ever. 8) ...if only i could find my camera :lol:

Tom said:
It's on Flickr but I daren't post it!!

Meh! i dont believe you :lol: it's not a valid pic unless you post it here! :lol:

I cant find the button to take a pic :woot:

Back