• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which powerhead or wave maker

Bigtank

Seedling
Hi
Was wondering if anyone could offer advice on a powerhead or wave maker.

Been looking at both and not sure which one would be best

6ft x 34" planted tank

Need to add more circulation

Thanks

Look at the koralia evos
Quite and a full range of powers
I used to have a 2800 on my 5 footer but bit to powerful with discus but you have more depth and longer too
City aquatics have them at a good price
Matt

Sorry meant to say you need to look under marine section
Matt

Hey checked out the Vortechs range. Wow they look amazing but certainly out of my price range
Thanks

I have managed to get hold of a Hydor Koralia 4 Aquarium Pump 4600 L/h. But when I put it in the tank. And turn it on it made the tank look like a blender. Have I got it wrong and got a higher model than I needed. Is there anyway you can slow the rate of flow down by covering the top of it with something
Any advice

Thanks for that will have another go at trying different angles cheers

I use two Ecotech MP40s on either end of my tank which is 8' long x 3' wide. They are expensive, but you could try second hand. They are much more adjustible with regard to flow and programming.

Now that you have a Koralia, I would second the opinion of using a few smaller units over one large one with regards to flow.

I use a Tunze Nano Stream 6045 which has a variable 1500 - 4500 lph flowrate. In comparison to Koralia, this is a much smaller unit and has a great orientation mechanism allowing any directional flow adjustment. Plus the flowrate controller helps easy adaptation. Hope this helps.

Bigtank I would of gone for the 2800 or two of them
Did you get them from a lfs? Could you take it back and swap?
Matt

Hi matt

No unfortuanaly off eBay. Will just have to sell it on. On the look out for the smaller model cheers

Back