• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC lighting tiles,

John Starkey

I have read the thread in here about these tiles but who is using one at the moment and how are things going plant wise with them,

John.

Yes they do work nicely. Not sure what else you want to know. Rotala had 30cm growth over over 2 weeks with Co2 supplement although did not turn out red as with T5 for some reason.

Is increased length a good indicator of how good lighting is?

I can get plants to grow really quick in low light because they trying to get more light. Whereas I've found in a very highly lit aquarium, growth becomes very dense but the change in height of the plant is less.

Perhaps the Rotala isn't red because it isn't getting enough light, or it has adapted to the spectrum of the light?

I am very interested on the lighting tiles, and with 5 years warranty the deal seems very good. Also they seem to be the only company that is willing to supply PAR measurements of their units.

Anybody with PAR within London to check PAR measures? I know grow length says nothing. Rotala is really funny as it is not turning red even at the surface and leaves are very nice and bigger than under T5 I had, while lilaeopsis mauritiana is growing fast at the bottom staurogyne repens as well. Blyxa has melted a bit as ususal when changing parameters. Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides is also doing very well which is rated as high light plant at tropica so it must be different Light spectrum. Not sure about nutritients for "redness" as substrate is flourite sand rich in iron with osmocote. Now I am not complaining about TMC I like them a lot will be able to tell later as tank is only 2.5 weeks old :)

Back