• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Shrimp tank!

Thanks, well I will do a load more pictures, and have another big push at getting it all nice, but I have got a problem, the alternanthera reineckii 'purple' has started shooting out loads of roots all up it's stem, it has done it at several levels, all where the leaves branch off the main stem, should I pinch these out, or are these Important?
Any way, have an awesome Christmas everyone!

Update: 3rd of January, facing a few problems
Right then, I will have some pictures asap, but for now I will just have to describe it. My tank has had a little more growth, and my Alternanthera reineckii has calmed down a little, but I have upped the ferts slightly, because I was told that the roots coming out of the stem, is the plant looking for nutrients. But that has meant that I am having slight problems with green spot algae. Another problem, is that I am really over run by snails at the moment, and they are bothering me, as well as some strange little worm like things that stick to the glass, so I am going to try and get rid of them! Finally the alternanthera is loosing the vivid purple colour it came with, so I have decided to try and use some DIY yeast CO" to address the problem, my last attempt was a bit of a failure, with the water continually siphoning out of the tank, until I got a 1 way valve, but then the co2 didn't push through into the tank at all, also the diffuser was enormous, and took up most of the tank! any way, I hope to try again, I have bought some more co2 tubing, a new non return valve, and an air stone, so I don't need the diffuser! So I have got a lot to be getting on with, pictures soon! Please if you have any suggestions for how I could fix some of these problems, please let me know! :D O, and I almost forgot, the hair grass is doing a nice job of filling in the carpet!

Hello mate,

I found that I got green spot algae due to lack of flow. So possibly look at this aswell, unless someone else jumps in.

Also maybe adjust your mixture with the co2? I managed to get my through a check valve(oneway valve) and through a deffuser. I was using one of them kits nutrafin I think it was.

I've heard ADA ECA helps reds get really nice colours so could help with the purple? Buuuuut at the same time I think its not to great for small tanks? Pm viktor his ada knowledge is great.

Get some pictures up pal

Back