• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano light (suggestions)

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi gang
I'm setting up a 30 litre dennerle nano for a buddy's kids as a gift for Christmas.
Ive got the heater/filter/substrate/plants....
All i need now is a light.....any suggestions?
I'm not sure what to go for.
hoggie

What's the problem with the Dennerle nano lights?
I mean if you do not go for a high-tech tank they just work great. And cheap.

If you will not have CO2 i do not see a reason to go for a better one.

Take a look at these. I shot them yesterday at Vienna (Exotica fair)

5214386760_b352fa854b_z.jpg

5214386028_cb13eec11c_z.jpg

5214385268_c37e7265f8_z.jpg

5214384610_e5bb2e1936_z.jpg

not need a better one especially for a kid. i had a set too in the past

3485453919_1552d28a38_z.jpg

soe plants goes well, shrimp, fishes are ok. just my 2 cent ;)

Ordinarily I'd point you to the superfish light but I don't know of anywhere you can get one at the minute... I think TMC do a knock of of it under the name "wave". Sounds like a good present, I'd be happy with it!

The arcadia pod is an option, I've got the 9watt version but Its looks poop because the light is really pink! My sister is using the 11watt and that seems fine. I just don't like how it sits on the tank, they have that new one with the really wide cover, it was featured in pfk in the last few months.

How about the ada mini solar??? :D

Have you tried aquarist classifieds?

Superfish one gets my vote every-single time. What size is the tank is it the bigger one? I'd want an 18w one but then I'm a light fiend.

Garuf said:
Superfish one gets my vote every-single time. What size is the tank is it the bigger one? I'd want an 18w one but then I'm a light fiend.
30 liters Garuf

At £25 for the 11w one I don't think you can go very far wrong at all.

Garuf said:
At £25 for the 11w one I don't think you can go very far wrong at all.
Yea not bad postage to go on-top.
But does it have that weird plug transformer at the end.
Have a look at the PDF.
hoggie

That'll be because it's a German/Euro version of the light. Shoot them and email to ask but I'd assume if it's like other Euro sellers then it'll come with a conversion plug.

Here is something different, I have used these lights for years, over plated tanks & vivariums.
I cant find a decent pic or price on the net but they cost £18.99 in my local DIY outlet.
The unit is actually quite smart & has an easy fix bracket than can be fixed to a wall or can be suspended, bulbs as standard are 4500k but available with 6500k too.
I have 4 or 5 in my workshop if you want a better view of what they look like?
Anyhow a powerful, cool running overhaed light that is cheap!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... 8M190DCKJ9

Thanks mate
This is for my buddy's kids so I want something that doesn't need modifying and is safe and easy to move/remove for access to the tank.
Cheers
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi
Yes mate..... thats correct.
Found this........ :arrow: http://www.reptilica.co.uk/Dennerle-Nan ... aria.phtml
hoggie

hi,
i had 1 of these above my dennerle 30l nano, i once changed the bulb over from a arcpod to see if it was any better but immediately changed it back, the dennerle one was almost twice as bright. the unit recently packed up after around 20 months of constant use. i replaced it with a 18w superfish (aquadistri) but cannot tell the difference between this and the original for brightness or colour. can't go far wrong with these imho!
cheers, bazz!

Back