• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim pro 3 E

Mitch

How good are they want one for my 210l tank and its in my room at uni so needs to be quite quiet. This is to replace a aquapro 4sp that i have had many problems with and atm it sounds like a chainsaw on full throttle.

So what does everybody think worth the money or gimic?
If you could afford one would you get one?
Its got a respectable media volume on paper but how much can i really pack into it without killing all the flow or burning out the pump because its working to hard?

regards
Mitch

Hi,

I have two of them, well one is an E the other is not an E :) These are Eheim 2078 and Eheim 2075. From the day i got them they have been almost silent, reliable and super easy to maintain. But on the 2078 i have had to remove the float valve as it rattled a bit and annoyed me, it makes no difference having it in as it`s to aid with the priming which to be honest has never really worked that well with any Eheim 3 series filters, well not in my case anyway. I normally just lock the hose and perform maintenance so i don`t loose the siphon. If i do then i`ll just use my water change powerhead to get it started, 2 seconds of that and voila. I wouldn`t really worry anyhow, eheims are dead easy to get going.

All in all i would not pay the extra for the E series as my 2075 non-E model is perfect as it is. I do like the stream function etc but i always want my filters providing maximum flow as with growing plants more is better so i never use the E functions really.

Hope this helps, any questions please let me know.

Cheers,

ive just ordered mine brand new for £175 i will probably get some new media for it like activated carbon and bioballs but cant wait to get it set up and be able to sleep lol

my tanks going to have a redculus amount of flow as it have atm a efx300 and a koralia plus (house mate fred (ukaps fred dulley)) also my aquapro 4sp which will be replaced by the ehiem

it arrived and wow its awesome so quiet and the stream function makes for some cool plant movement. There is so much media capacity its crazy and i love the idea of the prefilter

Back