• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PFK Aquascaping Special

Singed up for mine a couple of weeks back, think it was 3 free issues with sub.

Cheers,

In the past there was the aquacube when you took out a years subscription. This one does look good, but you have to take out two years... Still tempting though!

George Farmer said:
Lairewen said:
What's the offer this month?
Probably the best they've had yet; a TMC AquaGro Microhabitat 8 pico aquarium.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=3238

I thought that was a competition, a chance to win one of 5 TMC AquaGro Micorhabitat tanks and not a free gift if you subscribe. That is what I am reading in the latest magazine, the subscription offer is for 3 magazies free. Perhaps there are more options when you look on to the actual subscription website. Its a b*gger because i only subscribed again last month...

sanj said:
George Farmer said:
Lairewen said:

I thought that was a competition, a chance to win one of 5 TMC AquaGro Micorhabitat tanks and not a free gift if you subscribe. That is what I am reading in the latest magazine, the subscription offer is for 3 magazies free. Perhaps there are more options when you look on to the actual subscription website. Its a b*gger because i only subscribed again last month...

My Confirmation says I will be Getting the tank and to expect with 24 Days. Hopefully this year, there will not be so many problems in recieving the tank. And that the packaging will be better and no smashed tanks. Although it was nice of the company to send out free replacement tanks and advised that you could keep all the supplies that came with the smashed tank.

George Farmer said:
Lairewen said:

Clicking the link says £92.45, so I assume instead of paying quarterly you pay the whole outlay at once? Still I might well I have invest in this.

Also does anyone know much about the tank for example the dimensions, information seems a bit scarce, of course coming from TMC it should be pretty good and the lack of information is probably because you can't really get them yet.

Nice little tanks these. Shame I couldn't blag one after I set it up (Matt Clarke took it, fully 'scaped, as a 'leaving present' for himself!)

Luketendo said:
Also does anyone know much about the tank for example the dimensions, information seems a bit scarce, of course coming from TMC it should be pretty good and the lack of information is probably because you can't really get them yet.
I measured the tank, so I could get an approx. volume. There was no literature at all with it, as I assume this was a pre-production model.

It was around 15cm width, 20cm tall, and 25cm front to back (inc. filter chamber).

You can get a better idea of size and spec in the video at the bottom of my article -

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=3239

Bobtastic said:
Do you have to pay the full amount upfront? It seems a lot of money... I would love the tank, but I've never read PFK b4 so don't really know whether it would be worth it...

I got one of these tanks..

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=2705

It costs £60 with a light and filter. I find pfk a bit boring, so I would not bother with a subscription, but others might like it.

Go to WHSmith and have a look, you will be able to see if it is for you.

ghostsword said:
I find pfk a bit boring, so I would not bother with a subscription,
PFK maybe a bit boring for some, especially if your main areas of interest are planted tanks and aquascaping.

However, this latest issue begins a change. With Matt Clarke no longer at the helm, you may expect less fish biology/science etc. and perhaps more planted tank and aquascaping stuff.... ;)

If you're into planted tanks, then this latest issue is for you. There's about 8 planted tank or aquascaping related features, the most there's been in any one issue since I can remember.

George Farmer said:
ghostsword said:
I find pfk a bit boring, so I would not bother with a subscription,
PFK maybe a bit boring for some, especially if your main areas of interest are planted tanks and aquascaping.

However, this latest issue begins a change. With Matt Clarke no longer at the helm, you may expect less fish biology/science etc. and perhaps more planted tank and aquascaping stuff.... ;)

If you're into planted tanks, then this latest issue is for you. There's about 8 planted tank or aquascaping related features, the most there's been in any one issue since I can remember.

:) I am getting this one, as there are reasons enough to get it, but a subscription? nah.. unless there is a planted tank magazine, most of the good stuff is online, or if I learn japanese.. :)

Have just spoken to Bauer - £92.45 has to be paid in one go in advance fo 26 issues but if you already subscibe to another magazine with them you can subscribe for 1 year / 13 issues for £24.70 - no free tank but saving you almost enough to buy the tank rrp if you wanted !!
pete.

The way your hinting George, it sounds like you're the new editor...

Back