• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Q40

;P
Lol, I could make one easy in a Toilet Bowl, but would be more of a water garden. Sticky Back Plastic might be a little tougher.

Decided to check out MA stapleton This Morning before work. On the recommendation of Shirley MA. What a Joke, Prices were attrocious compared to the other branches and took longer to get to than MA Harlestone Heath. Not a single shrimp and yes they had Tri-Horned Nerites but they did not look good, covered in algae. Won't be going there again, will stick with MA Harlestone and Shirley.
Have not been to WOW Long Lawford in a while, might pop down at the weekend.

I guess I am Happy with this, But really want a Bigger tank.
There is a Really Nice space in the living room screaming out for a 4-6foot tank. The WIFE says NO, as she is scared the little one will smash it. It would be alot cheaper to scape it as can Buy in Bulk from the Plant Farms Abroad.

Aquarium glass is rather strong though, it has to be to support the weight of the water inside the aquarium :)

Gill said:
The WIFE says NO, as she is scared the little one will smash it.

Oh blame it on the baby, doesnt she really mean that she might walk into it with a ladder...again. :lol:

Anyhow properly built aquarium has a a good margin of safety. Plenty of people have little ones and aquariums. :)

sanj said:
Gill said:
The WIFE says NO, as she is scared the little one will smash it.

Oh blame it on the baby, doesnt she really mean that she might walk into it with a ladder...again. :lol:

Anyhow properly built aquarium has a a good margin of safety. Plenty of people have little ones and aquariums. :)

Lol, I bet she would do that again.
Got the day off tommorrow, so may pop along to the Mercia and Furnice End to see what the Markets Have. Found a 15G Complete for £5 once before.

a1Matt said:
sanj said:
Gill,

I bet you could make a planted tank out of toilet roll and sticky back plastic.

:lol: :lol:

I reckon he could too :clap:

Don't tempt me, but this would be a good idea for the next comp. what can you make a tank out of.

came upstairs to turn on the PC. I find that the parrotts feather has melted and it is all over the tank and plants. Alot of siphoning and catching as much of it as i can with a net. the tank looks a little better. Had to remove the marimo as they went a bit brown.

So over the last few days my Shrimp have been dropping off.
From the looks of it, it is due to the Vlarge Buch of Parrotts Feather melting and all the plant material in the tank. Have been trying to clear it since Saturday Afternoon when I noticed.
Sadly Lost of the Cardinal Shrimp and Most of the BBGobies, one of the Stiphondon Gobies - Counted them during another water change just now.
Suprisingly this has not affected any of my Gold Heterandria Formosa, which have been Quite Weak in the past. Neither has this affected the Rocket PencilFish.

In prep for a Rescape - I have lead Weighted all the plants and Removed the Substrate, as want to change over to somethng Different.

Finally Figured out hwat has been Happening.
Cannot Believe I Made such a newbie mistake.
Some Plants from Malaysia + Forgot to Wash and Rinse them = Copper Poisoning.
Have been doing 50% WC every Day and Added a Decholrinator.

Gill said:

aww man, classic mistake but easily forgotten. do you still have enough of the cardinal shrimp to sustain a breeding group?

hijac said:
Gill said:

aww man, classic mistake but easily forgotten. do you still have enough of the cardinal shrimp to sustain a breeding group?

I know so gutted, Nah all gone. Will buy some more when they are in again and have more money.(looking more likely will be on the dole again for a while)

Casualties are great.
Lost most of the Cherries, Blue Tigers, Red tigers, Crystal Reds, Cardinals, Snowballs, Orange.
Remaining are a few Red nose, Amano, Cherry, And Wilds are still a little white. hopefully they should regain their strength and color back up.

This will be coming to an End over the next few days.
Planning Something Interesting so Watch out for the new Scape over the weekend.
Need to Do ALOT of Prep work for the Idea I have.

Will Be adding most for sale soon, Only Keeping a Few Plants from this.

Gouramies will be going into a Barrell, As Want to experiment with them outdoors. A few people have had great success with them outdoors. (my Other outdoor experiments with Fish are going Great :shh: )

Will be keeping the Rasboras, Heterandrias and Killies for the new Scape as they are minimal and neglegible bio load. Stiph.Gobies Hopefully Will Suit the new Scape Very Well with My Plans.

Gill said:
HC is sending out runners and rooting.
Co2 added and doing well, nice steady rate of bubbles. And the diffuser does look nice.

Ok Guys, should the Co2 Still be going from this 1st batch. I mean this was made on the 12th July and still going with a Steady stream of bubbles.

Back