• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first iwagumi 60x30x30cm

Paulus

this is my first iwagumi :D well i tried to make a nice iwagumi scape :p

some information about the tank:

dimensions: 60x30x30cm
lighting: 2x24W
Filtration: Eheim 2213

i rescaped this tank again. the previous scape was boring and the driftwood was almost gone. so time to clean the whole tank again and begin with a fresh start :D

iwagumi-001.jpg

i wanted to try some new materials and soil. online i found some Seiryu stones. i like them very much. the shape and the color is great. the only problem with buying stones online is the choice you have. if there is any choice to make :p you buy the stones with an amount in KG. always a surprise what you will find inside the box. they sent 4 large stones. so i made them a bit smaller.

seiryu001.jpg

seiryu002.jpg

seiryu003.jpg

seiryu004.jpg

seiryu005.jpg

seiryu006.jpg

seiryu007.jpg

seiryu008.jpg

seiryu009.jpg

seiryu010.jpg

time for test object number 2, the soil. i always used normal gravel but this time i got something different. Colombo Flora Base Japanse soil. great soil i love it :D

colombo-01.jpg

colombo-02.jpg

colombo-03.jpg

let the fun begin: aquascaping!!! w00t :D after puzzling with the stones a made different scapes

iwagumi-002.jpg

iwagumi-003.jpg

iwagumi-004.jpg

iwagumi-005.jpg

iwagumi-006.jpg

iwagumi-007.jpg

iwagumi-008.jpg

iwagumi-009.jpg

iwagumi-010.jpg

iwagumi-011.jpg

iwagumi-012.jpg

iwagumi-013.jpg

iwagumi-014.jpg

iwagumi-015.jpg

iwagumi-016.jpg

after some weeks it is again time to trim the plants. the UG is growing very fast. i like the soil even more with this plant grow :)

update time:

iwagumi-027.jpg

iwagumi-028.jpg

iwagumi-029.jpg

iwagumi-030.jpg

iwagumi-031.jpg

now it looks like:

iwagumi-033.jpg

:p

@george: what do you mean with the orange? (no it is not for the world cup :p). but i can;t get it greener, i only use the soil and a littlebit of CO2.

With bromo blue pH reagent/4dKH solution is blue with little or no CO2, green with some, and yellow with too much.

Yours is orange, so I wonder if it's bromo blue, or another type of pH reagent? Is it from a pH test kit? Which brand?

wow congrats on your UG carpet, many find it troublesome (me included) and sorry about it uprooting, i guess it needs trimming regulary with sutch good growth :rolleyes: (lucky you :) )

George Farmer said:
With bromo blue pH reagent/4dKH solution is blue with little or no CO2, green with some, and yellow with too much.

Yours is orange, so I wonder if it's bromo blue, or another type of pH reagent? Is it from a pH test kit? Which brand?

no idea which brand it is. i also use it for my larger tank and there the color is green :) so it works but in the iwagumi it was only at the beginning green. So i guess it is the soil that makes the orange effect :)

sanj said:
Very nice carpet, but i had a similar thing happen to my dwarf hair grass, these ADA like soils do not seem to hold these shallow rooted plants very well when dense. My fish were partly to blame for the uprooting too.

this was done by my hand. it was still hold to the soil. i did this to replant the UG :)

The tank looks huge! Looks fantastic and you have shed new light on what I can do with my tank now, thankyou! :D

That carpet is worthy for the gods... and I mean it. :clap:

Thanks, Celestial

Back