• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' THE BIG STRIP

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock'

That's fantastic, the hardscape give the tank a real sense of depth and adds a vanishing point to the tank, the red tape idea is a nice one too, it really accentuates the redness of the plants.

Jack middleton said:
, the hardscape give the tank a real sense of depth and adds a vanishing point to the tank, the red tape idea is a nice one too, it really accentuates the redness of the plants.

cheers bud! The wide open space really lends itself to my 15mm wide angle lens. It makes the tank look huge!

those pics later.

The red tape was luck. JamesM actually has done it before me.

you can see here, it's some real mad lighting, but i like it....i'll get bored no doubt :lol:

just waiting for some mad vallis growth. I'm also interested in what a lilly looks like

hue1.jpg

Hi Mark,
this is definitely different, but I love the simplicity :proud:
how about some crypt parva and maybe ADA moss balls here or there?
Looking at this causes Itchy fingers to rescape my current Tank :D

Jur4ik said:
this is definitely different, but I love the simplicity :proud:

cheers mate. Not all credit to me though. I must admit i've been inspired by George's biotope series. I'll try and bend the rules and not use fish seen with these plants.

the thrid pic on page 2, (one before the red pic) makes the tank look about 3 feet in depth.

i love these tanks at the moment!

chilled84 said:
Fantastic stuff, What a change. Refreshing. :thumbup:

Thanks fella :thumbup:

Nick16 said:
the thrid pic on page 2, (one before the red pic) makes the tank look about 3 feet in depth.

that'll be my sigma 15mm on a full frame sensor at work :D

flygja said:
Bring on the 80 billion tetras! :lol:

:lol: oh yeah baby.

bigmatt said:
How about angels? They'd look amazing and would have loads of swimming space!

some platinum angels maybe?.... :D

b084603d.jpg

I've come home, and the water is glistening! And guess what!....my wife loves the scape :wideyed: hallelujah!

OK, here's FTS day 2. There's not much point in constantly updating this as it's going to be slow i reckon, and not change all that much.

I'd love however, to get some opinions on fish choice. big, small fish. big shoal or small. :thumbup:

I see a big shoal of tetras.

day-2.jpg

Cichlids, definatly. Or sword tails. Tetra would look great, they always do but I think with the robustness of the scape it needs robust looking fish.

I think a shoal of say 80 fish would look seriously cool, take your pick. There are plenty to choose from!

Since you've done small fish before, its time to challenge yourself. Discus or angels! :twisted:

Change the Vallis with Cyperus Helferi and crypts with Riccardia Graeffei planted on all the center rocks, you can add here and there small branches between them (or leaves). Add some Juncus repens between Cyperus to break the monotony. Fish: Ember Tetra ~50-100 or smth as small as them :)

I'd go for a small-ish shoal of rock dweeling fish that would only dash out every now and again. That would compliment the simplicity and tranquilness of the scape IMO

Very nice setup mark, something different which fits really well in the tank and I know how hard it is to work with river stones of different colours and make them blend in together. :thumbup:

I was looking at pencil fish in one of TGM's tanks yesterday and they look really cool in a nice big shoal.

Back