• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where did all my co2 go

Harkle420

Hi guys!
I have a 500g jbl proflora 2 co2 running at about 2 bubbles per second, how long should my bottle last. The last one went for a month and this one has all gone in a week :wideyed: i have checked for a leak, but i only have one piece of pipe to a safety one way value and another piece to my bubble counter!! i am sure i checked the regulator yesterday and it was on 50 bar. i have checked the bottle is all the way open and no pressure or gas! any ideas???

How did you check for the leak? best way when looking for pressurised air/gas leaks is a little washing up liquid and water in a spray bottle , hard to find the miniscule leaks with hands only. My best guess would be that is something to do with the regulator as it comes across that you changed the bottle recently

A: you havent screwed the regulator on properly
B: if theres an o ring to seal it, it may of dropped off
or c: the threads became damaged

I`m not familiar with jbl regulators/bottles , but a lot of disposable gas cylinders have a one way safety valve on them that a pin on the regulator depresses to allow gas out , could be possible that the bottle is actually full but its just not letting anything out which would give you a reading of 0 on the gauge aswell, might be worth weighing the bottle to check (should be a gross weight stamped/printed on the outside somewhere)

You also can't measure co2 usage by 'bubbles per second' as every regulator is different to some degree and will release co2 at slightly different rates. Then you have variations in the co2 line, etc. making bubbles different sizes.

thanks guys i have not pined it down yet!! my LFS is going to take a week to get my bottle refilled! shock horror i am thiinking of getting a spare bottle. i am hoping my regulator was not screwed on square, my o ring looks fine. the guy in LFS was trying to sell me a new regulator!!!

Back