• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

OLD FE Cannisters

Behold

How is the best way to dispose of them????

bigmatt said:
Stick 'em on eBay or on here for sale. They can be refilled and reused. Most UKAPS members are always on the lookout for cheap FEs!
Cheers
Matt

Matt

if these FE's are out of date - not carry a ten year certificate which is in the form of a date stamping on the side of the bottle they will not be refilled by any approved co2 refiller.

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
bigmatt said:
Stick 'em on eBay or on here for sale. They can be refilled and reused. Most UKAPS members are always on the lookout for cheap FEs!
Cheers
Matt

Matt

if these FE's are out of date - not carry a ten year certificate which is in the form of a date stamping on the side of the bottle they will not be refilled by any approved co2 refiller.

Regards
Paul.

Hi,

However they can be serviced and re-stamped at a cost depending on where its done and by whom. They can then be refilled. Having said that it would probably work out cheaper just to keep an eye on Ebay for someone selling them nearby. I tend to pay between £5 and £13 for second hand full FE's, £5 for a 2KG refill and I recently got 10x 2KG FE's for £30 again from Ebay. So at least for me there doesn't seem any point in getting them serviced which is where I think Paul's advice is also coming from.

But if you happened to know or find someone who would service them and fill them cheaply......

Personally I don't worry if they are out of date as long as they look clean and aren't years and years out of date. Remember we're not intending to use them to put out fires so the safety factors which are built into the date stamping for their intended use is not as relevant to us, IMO.

Regards, Chris.

Im aware of the 10 year rule to be tested. Chris the test is to confirm the preasure can be held in the canister with out rupturing.

I have 3 2kg canisters FREE to anyone in the basingstoke area for pickup. Im after a second 5KG and then get them both filled as i need them.

Behold said:
Im after a second 5KG and then get them both filled as i need them.
Hiya, I have 1 x 5kg for £35 if you want it?

Cheers, Dan

Back