• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What/who are you listening too?

2 great albums at the moment:

The National - High Violet
and
Angus & Julia Stone - Down the Way

and ofcourse radioparadise.com :)

The new band of horses if very good, I don't have a bloggers link to share with you but it's well worth the money to buy it.
Still waiting for the new Sage Francis.

Hahaha, got the lads round? I can't really imagine you ever choosing Dropkick murphys haha.
I saw alkaline trio a couple of weekends ago, they're showing there age!

defience ohion folk punk brilliance, one of my favourite bands, a must for against me! fans.
slices hardcore/noisecore, very loud.
closure power violence, again very loud.
insect warfare grindcore, exceptionally loud, very fast.
gayngs Bon ivors new band, has guest appearences from rhymesayers POS and many others, so far my favourite new band of the year
band of horses My favourite band of last year, new album, bluesy folk-rock.
wu tang clan... No explination needed

I always felt tricked by Borgore, I wanted them to sound like burzum or darkthrone but alas never do.

Garuf i think we are talking about 2 different things haha, i mean borgore(dubstep) i tried searching the tunes you mentioned but could find them, so just assuming but feel free to skool me haha.

this is borgore,

tomba
im in honestly debating one of those mustaches...... :D

been listening to a whole load of biggie today aswell, especially 'gimmi the loot'

my actualy faveroute everever good feeling song

chaka kahn- i feel for you !!!!! wow makes me smile everytime i hear it.
Huey lewis and the news.........its hip to be square which gives me an idea for a little avatar picture fingy.

I've seen borgore a few times now, pretty good live, bar 9 were better. My friend makes d&b under the name CVLT.

Burzum are black metal, you probably won't like them, their singer is the one who got framed for all the church burnings.

glenn said:
murph said:
if you like that then check these two out, by far the best acoustic guitarist iv ever heared in my life -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_UdD6eXl4

Agreed - Rodrigo y Gabriela are very special - and they started out in a heavy metal band! But 'the best ever'? Try Nick Drake, Paco Pena, Paco de Lucia, Andres Segovia, John Martyn. And that Andy McKee video is simply remarkable, too.

Ive just got the new "the drums" cd, i recommend it, superb :thumbup:

I really liked the drums album, a little wayward at times but over all good. I've been listening to vampire weekend a lot recently, I think the sun has brought out my taste for the less loud music.

nayr88 said:
chaka kahn- i feel for you !!!!! wow makes me smile everytime i hear it.
me too.
I got it in my vinyl collection. It has some nice scratching sounds in it.
I like the deekline and ed solo mix of this that came out a little while back.
Want it on mp3 but can not find it anywhere.

I quite like old tracks that have been sampled in more recent days.
Like.....
Tom Scott-Today as used by Pete Rock:
Aaron Neville - Hercules as used by Bizmarkie:

The Soul 4 Sale set of mixes here are nice:
http://imdownbylaw.blogspot.com/

Back