• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's entering the IAPLC 2010 (ADA contest)?

I know i said i wasnt!

But i just did, just to get experience! Hope i dont come last!

UK to dominate!

It would be nice to have a post mortem after on the forum, so that we could all learn from each other and try to better the score next year.

I will never aim to be first, no way I would spend my money on ADA kit, but I will however fight against myself and try to apply all I have learned into the scape and progress that way.

ghostsword said:
It would be nice to have a post mortem after on the forum, so that we could all learn from each other and try to better the score next year.

but that's what forums are for.

A 12 months for some not posting tanks, then have thread that may last what?...a month? to help teach?

12 months is better than 1 in my book

(goes back to corner)

saintly said:
A 12 months for some not posting tanks, then have thread that may last what?...a month? to help teach?

12 months is better than 1 in my book

(goes back to corner)

Sorry, didn't get it.. :)

We should be able to post the pics of the tanks here after the book has been released, right? Or we still cannot?

i gotta say. it frustrates me that i only see 1 photo of each tank. i love to see them built from hardscape through to the end. i find that i learn alot just looking at the hardscape.

i will allways post my journals on here. just not the final shot itself :D

i would love to be top 10 at some point. could be many years though :lol:

George Farmer said:
I think Peter (zig) who came 15th the other year waited until after the book, maybe at ADA's request. I'm sure he can clarify.

I received this email last year
Dear Contest Participants

Important Notice for the IAPLC 2009 and NA Party 2009!

Thank you for participating in the International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2009. This year, the total number of applications hit the highest ever with 1,342 layout works from 51 countries. It is our pleasure to see that the Nature Aquarium has expanded more and more each year, and the worldwide aquarists demonstrate their skills and talents at this annual event.

Important Note:
Please do NOT disclose your submitted layout through any media including website and magazine BEFORE the release of ADA’s “International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2009 Booklet” at Nature Aquarium Party on October 17th, 2009. In case we find such disclosure, we may cancel the contest result.

We absolutely respect your right over your own work, but we, as the organizer and promoter of the contest, need to regulate the ways of releasing the contest information in a certain degree. Your understanding in this matter is deeply appreciated.

George Farmer said:
Great to see 15 entries from the UK!

I look forward to seeing the rankings next month.

I'm nervous thinking about it! As long as I don't come last I'll be pleased :lol: Good chance of coming last though, entered my Pico :crazy:

Haha I don't really want to see mine! I sent an old crap photo as I did not have better ones in larger size!! Just sent it at the last minute to increase the number, its free anyway lol

Back