• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm 'Pinnatifida Peak' (4.5 weeks)

Re: sams 60cm ?????

so guys heres how it went:

hardscape
dsc04015lz.jpg

next i added the moss to the wood which is taiwan moss.
dsc04018.jpg

heres the tastey looking HC from plantedbox :D
dsc04021k.jpg

i then split and planted the HC. i had plently, a little too much. i also added some bolbitus on the wood
dsc04024k.jpg

next i added the e. parvula. this is my fav plant 8) also some lilaeoplsis and tenellus. i cut the tenellus and parvula down at this point so they are not visible at the moment. i will cut the lilaeoplsis down after its rooted.
dsc04027s.jpg

i then added the hygrophila.
dsc04029m.jpg

i finally added the stems at the back which constists of HM, pogomosten erectus, rotala rotundifolia, shinnersia rivularis.
dsc04030kb.jpg

dsc04031m.jpg

here is the tank stright after filling
dsc04032s.jpg

today i looked and the water is suprisingly clear :wideyed: i used the mature filter from the last setup but its been sat there a couple of weeks so i thought the bacteria would die. obviously not. i also added some extra filter floss.
dsc04036e.jpg

dsc04045xi.jpg

here are the stems at the back. notice i didnt add much HM. i want it to crawl nice and low
dsc04039td.jpg

close ups
dsc04040t.jpg

dsc04042k.jpg

i still need to add a few pelia stones to finnish it off :)

Re: sams 60cm (planted)

This is looking great sam! :thumbup: I'm looking forward to seeing the plants mature especially the mid and back-ground!
BRILLIANT! :D

Looks great Sam, reminds me of Tony's (Tonser) tank, with the added HC arround the edges, looking forward to seeing this develop, will look great once that HC fill in, congrats :)

BTW Portuguese glass rocks ;)

Nice, Sam! Gonna look stunning when it's grows in.

looks like you've pulled another from the hat :D .
well done yet again Sam ;) .

Thats looks very good dude! Great photo journal as well, its good seeing at all the stages.

Re: sams 60cm 'Pinnatifida Peak' (1 week)

cheers again guys.

tony, yours is part of my inspiration. turns out its more like yours than i planned :lol:

so its one week since planting now. the HC it doing great. its crawling nicely and the hygro is changing into emersed form. it has that nice orange colour on the underside of the leaves :D also it has suprised me that its growing side shoots at every node. i have one of the bottom shoots growing horizontal along the substrate, its also growing incredibly compact. Its nearly time to trim the HC down and maybe some of the hygro.

also the stems are starting to show there faces

dsc04065.jpg

dsc04064.jpg

dsc04057e.jpg

dsc04060.jpg

Back