• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Russ's 60cm Optiwhite - Advice needed

russchilds

Hi! :D

This is my new tank (I'll post some planted pics tonight).

019-Copy.jpg

Tank = 60cm x 31cm x 45cm Optiwhite
Filter = Eheim Ecco Pro 130 & Hydor Koralia NANO 900
Lights = 2 x 24w T5
Substrate = ADA powersand special, ADA aquasoil & sand
C02 = D&D presuriesd set

*quick question - I set it up over the weekend. I used a mature external on it. How long before I can add shrimp & fish? I only aks this as its the first time I have used ADA aquasoil & powersand special. It's been planted with hairgrass, crypts & java fern on wood. I've heard you need to wait with ADA aquasoil?

Re: Russ's 60cm Optiwhite "Pebble Beach"

aqua soil leaches amonia into the water, you need to wait for the levels to drop to 0 then it is safe to add fish etc, my 60L took about 1.5 weeks to drop.

Ottos should see them off pretty much overnight, diatoms are annoying but they're just part of the tank maturing and go away once it's stable.

Very nice tank, round stones are hard to scape with.

When you planted the hairgrass did you cut it down really short, <1cm? that will help the hairgrass pick up and you don't get all the dead ends.

If there's no die of then I'd leave it, I always found that even pre-adapted hairgrass had some die off and benefited from being trimmed initially.

Back