• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Koralia?

andeekaii

I have a 180 litres tank which is going to be high-tec planted.
I have a Tetratec ex700 providing 700l/h flow.
Im buying a koralia for extra flow and im just wondering which is the best deal:

Koralia 2 (2300l/h) - £32 delivered
Koralia 3 (3200l/h) £36.25 delivered
Koralia Evo 2800 (2800l/h) £38 delivered

Would a koralia 2 be enough flow, or if i need extra flow is the evo better enough to justify an extra £2, but 400l/h less flow? The koralia 2 would give me a total of 3000l/h = 16.6x turnover.

I'd prefer to get the koralia 2 but im open to advice and suggestions.

Andy

would say that 2 is enough.

its up to you, if you want a more modern piece of kit then get the evo. if you come to sell in 6 months it will also be worth more....

Okay thanks guys. I'm watching a koralia 2 on ebay at the moment. If i can get it for less than £27 i'll get that. If i lose i'll just get a new one for £32.

Should I look out for used ones? Do they wear out easily?

i've had mine for awhile now and there faultless. remember that 2 and 3 are the same size to look at! so go for a no. 3....more flow is better than less.

I use a number 3 in a 240l. their not the raging torrent as some may believe.

Are you sure? 3200l/h is an awful lot of flow!
I hate nothing more than plants being blown around and coming loose. What about slow swimmers, won't these get blown around?

I'll see if i can get this 2 for £27, if not then i'll chose between a new 2 or 3.

andeekaii said:
Are you sure? 3200l/h is an awful lot of flow!

i had a no.2 a no. 3 and a filter rated @ 1500 LPH

tonight.jpg

and in this a 180l, a korolia no 3 and a no2 temp and fluval 4

6weeks.jpg

like i said, their not brutal things. ;)

Okay, that's good then!
Very nice tank by the way *saves for inspiration on own aquascape* :silent:

Looking foward to receiving the Manzi :D

Okay i won a 6 month old Koralia 2 for £26 delivered. Saving £6 on a new one.
Hopefully it'll provide enough flow. I can always sell it and get a Koralia 3 if it's not up to the job but i'm sure 16x turnover is sufficient.

Cheers everyone.

andeekaii said:
Hopefully it'll provide enough flow. I can always sell it and get a Koralia 3 if it's not up to the job but i'm sure 16x turnover is sufficient.

it will be fine. placement is more important :D

What do you recommend for placement then?
I've got my spray bar along the back of the tank, facing directly fowards blowing against the front. And the Intake is in the rear right corner.

I was going to place the koralia in the rear left, pointing towards the front right, but i was thinking that might create a dead spot in the front left corner?

Tonser said:
Do you know if a k3 propeller will fit a k2 then ? I could do with upgrading my k2 :)

Tony

I'm not sure to be honest Tony. It may be possible, but my guess is korolia thought of this and designed so it cant.

Lmao great.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare ceramic shaft? The one i purchased from ebay came with it snapped in half :twisted:
So its making a rattling noise which is really annoying.

Andy

just to give you an idea of power i have a korila 1 in a 15 litre 30cm tank with no problems...(no fish btw cause they probably would be stuck to the glass :lol: )

Back