• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My favourite fish tank I ever made,,,

Mike1967

Seedling
Hi
I'm new here but I want to show you a picture of one of my fish tanks I ever made...just to say hello and ask for a sincere opinion....Thanks
mihai-1.jpg

Welcome, Mike. Really lively looking tank with lots of great textures.

Interesting fish stock, as well. It all looks very healthy.

That's a beauty Mike, my kind of tank.

More info required on the whole set-up (as Steve asked).

And welcome to UKAPS.

thanks

just go on ,,photobucket'' and find ,,Mike1967_photos,, click on all albums am find ,,my ex fish house''...

Hi Mike

you must be supplying half of Europe with fish :)

Do you still have that fishouse?

Thanks
gzylo

No mate.....I have sold everything six years ago when I left Romania for 1000 euros....I'm dreaming to do something simmilar here but I haven't space and....you know....bloody money
Anyway I still breeding some fish in my living room like albino ancistrus ,long fins albino ancistrus and some koi angels...the half blaks angels are just pairing up(if you have seen the little film on photobucket)

just a few....

About the above fish tank picture: 1800x700x700
3x 50w aquaflora neon bulbs (12 hours/day)
2x old (round ones) fluval external canister filters
no CO2,no fertilizers....just the right balance between live stock and plants
Water changes every 3 days about 70%
when the the picture was taken the fish tank was 1 year old
I think everybody recognize the plants and fish from this fish tank (very common ones...) but i'll write down a few names like Higrophylla polisperma,Higrophylla difformis,Anubias barteri var barteri,Anubias barteri var nana,Higrophilla angustifolia, Vesicularia dubyana ,Miryophilum sp. and Echinodurus tenellus
The temperature in the fish tank was between 26 and 28 C

:woot: Oh my word that is quite intimidating! I have decided I want to do a scape but if that's your first one I might reconsider. Would look rubbish next to that! Might have to do a secret one instead! Lol :oops:

Becca

crazy that you were able to get such dense growth without CO2. What the heck am I doing lugging this FE around anyway...

Nice tank :thumbup:

frothhelmet said:
crazy that you were able to get such dense growth without CO2. What the heck am I doing lugging this FE around anyway...
You can get just as dense growth without CO2 as with. Just a lot slower is all ;)

I did an aquarium a couple of months ago for somebody up in London....no co2...I was yestarday there and I tooked a pic...not so bad I believe

_KK_9058.jpg

before I forget.....could enyody tell me from where can I buy some Najas sp ....very common aquarium plant but I can't find some in the UK....weird...here are some pics of Najas gramineea,indica and guadelupensis....any help or suggestions will be much appreciated...thanks

NajasGramineea.jpg

NajasGuadelupensis.jpg

NajasIndica.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, it's not available, I was after some and was told it was on the DEFRA lists as invasive.
I'm sure I've heard Najas as being referred to as rotallas though so maybe it's a change of name?

thanks Garuf
Najas and Rotala are two different species from different familys....Najas from Najadaceae family and Rotala from Lythraceae family....

Hi

I was yesterday into the woods not far away from my house and I've seen some very inspirational themes for an aquarium aquascaping....I didn't had my camera with me but I'm going back right now to take some pictures...They will be posted here in a few hours and I hope will be very inspiring for somebody...The Untouched Wonders of Mother Nature....I will say!!!

See you soon

Back