• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first attempt at a planted tank

Darrin

Seedling
My first attempt at a planted tank
Well here goes ,I’ve had a 260 litre tank now for about 4 years and never really bothered much about plants ,on a holiday last year me and the wife went out to a restaurant and there was this amazing planted tank ,I was fascinated by it, I’ve never seen a proper planted tank like this before
So at the beginning of March I put a search into Google and the first site I found was ukaps, I spent 2 weeks reading excellent posts and journals and that was it I was addicted then the £ notes started to go out the window, off I went looking for a larger tank than my juwel vision 260 and 5 hrs later and an empty bank account and a not so happy wife I had purchased
600ltr tank
3 pieces of wood
jbl602 co2 system
6.5k cylinder
Aqua medic co2 reactor 1000
2 x Haydo External Heaters 300W
15 litre Tropica Plant Nutrition Substrate
75kg Limpopo Sand, what a terrible time I had trying to wash this stuff
1 pair of Ear plugs
And a few valium for the wife
As for plants I’ve not got a clue of what to buy or where to put them so I will need a lot of advice in the next weeks, months to come.
Here are a few pictures as it is today 4/4/2010

Delivery of the tank
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

Darrin

I can relate absolutely to the feeling of being drawn in by the fantastic information and advice available on this forum, Darrin. You have my admiration because you're obviously a driven man. Just take care that you're not driven out of the house by the wife - maybe increase the valium dosing? :twisted:

Great tank and very interesting shapes in the wood. Looking forward to watching you develop this.

Back