• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Normal trace or Trace Elements plus??

Aeropars

quick question guys.

I'm about to order from Aqua essentials as im about out of my dry chemicles but notice theres now trace mix plus?

What should I be using for EI type dosing? I've never had the option before so I'm little confuised as to which one I might have been using beforehand.

Lee

AE recently switched over to a new trace mix.
Then JamesC did a breakdown of it and demonstrated that the old mix was probably better.
So they reinstated the old mix and called it trace mix plus.

So I would go for the plus.

Hope I have remembered that all correctly! There is a thread on here with JamesC breakdown, I can not find it at the moment. Was from about 2 months ago I think.

Thank guys.. I was hoping that wouldnt be the case.. its a lot more pricey!

Am i right in thinking that i would follow the normal EI quantities with this mix then?

Are there any other alternative places to get dry ferts from? Money being an issue and all that...

fluidsensoronline.com is another option for the same\similar traces.

Garden direct also do a dry trace mix, I do not know the composition offhand.

Hi guys just been reading this and some of the links ive got the standed trace mix the wrong one would i be right in thinking i just need to add iorn to get trace + thanks

I would take a look at Fruidsensor on line's trace mix, a sponsor on here. It has alot of similarities with the Trace Elements Plus Mix.

ive just started a 1 kg bag of the other stuff don't really want to bin it would rather "fix" it

hi agian trying to figger this out. do i just add this
http://www.gardendirect.co.uk/chelated-iron-ph-68-p-885
to get nearly the same as trace plus. if so how much, or as im already using the newer stuff does the low iron not really matter. im confused if i do have to add this how much do i add. ive just set up extra lights so im worried if i dont get the ferts right ill be in trouble.
thanks for any help

just for future reference how much iron do you think needs to go in the trace mix.

No idea!
I just add enough to not have deficiencies, I have never needed to pay attention to the contents.
Someone else might know and chip in...

Back